Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JPT match next week

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sorry, but this is a FANTASTIC [though admittedly, probably impracticle] idea, and I am going to keep bouncing it until you all agree with me!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Exactly. Who wouldn't!
It's a good idea mate! On the previous page I just slagged off the JPT and I won't be going next week even if the tickets are free. We went last year to the Boston game; it was a soul-destroying experience and one I don't wish to repeat.

But when you mentioned Lewes, (or more specifically, beer and terracing), I changed my mind! Same competiton but something a bit different and not another depressing evening at wet, windy, empty Withdean.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a good idea mate! On the previous page I just slagged off the JPT and I won't be going next week even if the tickets are free. We went last year to the Boston game; it was a soul-destroying experience and one I don't wish to repeat.

But when you mentioned Lewes, (or more specifically, beer and terracing), I changed my mind! Same competiton but something a bit different and not another depressing evening at wet, windy, empty Withdean.

Is the right answer. I'm in the same boat as you - it's one too many long drive down, that game next week. If it were to experience something a bit different I'd make the effort.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Eastbourne. Worthing. Crawley?

pretty certain worthing wouldnt be even up to blue square south due to number of turnstiles

if it was football league standards, only crawley would be as it would have to hold 6000 fans

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is there a FA / JPT ruling that we are OBLIGED to hold our homes games in the competition at Withdean? I think it would be a BRILLIANT idea to take the team on tour round Sussex [much like England when Wembley was shut].

I can't see next Wednesday's crowd being much over 1500. If we held the match at Eastbourne or Worthing for example, we would get a comparable crowd, something a bit different for the regulars, plus [and this is the crucial bit] we might just attract some new fans in those areas.

What do you think?*

*bearing in mind that the competition rules probably don't allow it.

Now that i DO like. Wonder if it's at all practical

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Make all tickets £7 - Would probably get over 7000 and a near full stadium,
7000 x 7 = 49000

If its full price we would get under 2000, earning less gate money and an empty stadium

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Make all tickets £7 - Would probably get over 7000 and a near full stadium,
7000 x 7 = 49000

If its full price we would get under 2000, earning less gate money and an empty stadium

Its only a tenner as it is.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Season ticket holders get a second ticket half price so two people can go for £15.

JJ McClure, call in at the Brewery Tap, you'll find quite a few Nsc'ers in there.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I wouldn't go regardless of the price. I'm not interested in a competition where the criteria for entry is you have to be rubbish. Wake me up when we get to the final. I'd rather watch the Youth Team.

I assume you're at Bognor tonight then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here