Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JPT match next week

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just to start something as a debate point.

as its an evening game, we know we wont get the kiddies going as its a school day, however if the club were to be innovative and set each ticket at say £5, how many more people would you expect to buy a ticket?

I recon if we are not very careful it could be approaching 1000 on wednesday, especially if we lose at Cheltenham in the cup and its raining!

So what do you think....the club take the hit and offer tickets at £5 and hopefully get people through the doors, or keep it at £10 and £12 and possibly risk a poor gate?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I'd do a "bring a mate for a quid" thingy, yes make tickets £10-£12- but with the incentive of bringing a mate for next to nothing.

just cutting the price to a fiver wont generate new fans- will just ensure those that were already considering going to actually go.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
i know its been mentioned on here before but why not keep pricing at £10 but dedicate the east stand / family stand to kids and give out tickets to schools / football clubs,

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wouldn't go regardless of the price. I'm not interested in a competition where the criteria for entry is you have to be rubbish. Wake me up when we get to the final. I'd rather watch the Youth Team.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I wouldn't go regardless of the price. I'm not interested in a competition where the criteria for entry is you have to be rubbish. Wake me up when we get to the final. I'd rather watch the Youth Team.
Thats a bit harsh!!!

Yes its a competition for lower league clubs but it offers a realistic chance of a wembley final.

In answer to Dave's question, I think the club do try hard to get people through the gate
for the JPT. STH can get buy one get one half price which equates to £7.50 a ticket which i think is great value.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I will be there regardless, and the rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves.. ???:glare:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't understand this. We're playing a team in the same division as us, with a real chance of winning and the prospect of a Wembley final.

Yes it's not a prestigious competition, but a football match is a football match isn't it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't understand this. We're playing a team in the same division as us, with a real chance of winning and the prospect of a Wembley final.

Yes it's not a prestigious competition, but a football match is a football match isn't it?

I concur, In realistic terms in the only cup Brighton are going to have a chance of winning

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
As long as I can find a friend to go with, I'll be making this game my first Withdean visit of the season.

former winners

wigan - now in the premier league
bolton - now in the premier league - nearly got a uefa cup spot
wolves - now in the championship
birminghan city - just relegated from the premier league
bristol city - top of the championship

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The compeition is an utter waste of time for everyone involved I am afraid.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Well I think that's just our different perspectives. The fact that it's not a prestigious competition is precisely why I'm not interested; as I said I rate the FA Youth Cup higher even though that doesn't involve our 1st team. Because it's a two-bob trophy I can't really get that excited about the prospect of a Wembley final either - although I'll probably go. For me the early JPT games are little more than mid-season friendlies.

I don't think all football matches ARE equal, which is why I went last night almost out of a sense of duty whereas I was looking forward to the Leeds game. Perhaps sadly I think the attendance figures prove more people think like me than they do you.

Storer68 - But they were crap when they won them.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It would have been good if running along side the season ticket holder deal to buy an extra ticket for £5 if anyone who brought a league ticket in the run up to the game was offered a ticket for this for a £5 as well. Maybe next round

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is there a FA / JPT ruling that we are OBLIGED to hold our homes games in the competition at Withdean? I think it would be a BRILLIANT idea to take the team on tour round Sussex [much like England when Wembley was shut].

I can't see next Wednesday's crowd being much over 1500. If we held the match at Eastbourne or Worthing for example, we would get a comparable crowd, something a bit different for the regulars, plus [and this is the crucial bit] we might just attract some new fans in those areas.

What do you think?*

*bearing in mind that the competition rules probably don't allow it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Is there a FA / JPT ruling that we are OBLIGED to hold our homes games in the competition at Withdean? I think it would be a BRILLIANT idea to take the team on tour round Sussex [much like England when Wembley was shut].

I can't see next Wednesday's crowd being much over 1500. If we held the match at Eastbourne or Worthing for example, we would get a comparable crowd, something a bit different for the regulars, plus [and this is the crucial bit] we might just attract some new fans in those areas.

What do you think?*

*bearing in mind that the competition rules probably don't allow it.
It could work, but I think you run the risk of devaluing the competition even more by making it seem like a reserve game. Also how many grounds in Sussex are up to football league standards, which I would guess they'd need to be to host a completive game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It could work, but I think you run the risk of devaluing the competition even more by making it seem like a reserve game. Also how many grounds in Sussex are up to football league standards, which I would guess they'd need to be to host a completive game.

Eastbourne. Worthing. Crawley?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
JPT Round 3 Albion v Cheltenham. Held at the Dripping Pan.
Sell-out crowd of 2,500 [I'm guessing].
Terracing.
Beer.
Great atmosphere.

Works for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here