Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Mourinho rumoured to have left Chelsea

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With Mourinho gone I fail to see a replacement that can take them any further in the Champions League than he managed.

Secondly, who the hell is Avram Grant? If you are Ronaldinho who would you choose to sign for - an Arsenal side on the up or a Chelsea side that is volatile?

Chelsea have managed to attract the best players and part of that reason is Mourinho's ability. Take that away and players will come just for the money. The beginning of the end has just started. I hope they become the Hearts of the Premiership.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Thats not really proper supporting then is it Les. That called giving up on the team.
See ? Casual fans that can;t really be arsed.

At Chelsea's prices lots of fans can only afford to be casual supporters.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That crowd figure was a disgrace. That should have been the match for dads to take their sons to as a one-off treat. It wouldn't happen at Arsenal or Spurs.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair Mourinho has had to "buy" players he didnt want like Ballack and Shevchenko

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Should that matter? Surely you are going to watch YOUR team not the opposition! Hardcore fans will turn up week on week, it's the fairweather supporters who will pick and choose IMO.

I totally agree but we all know to watch premiership teams play is very expensive and in the same way as we here at Brighton suffer from the same scenario, Chelsea fans chose to save their money for a more attractive opposition.

I am not saying its right or wrong, i am just saying that is modern football. Look at man City on saturday, they have a full house against manU, but then have a pathetic crowd against Villa. If Chelsea had been playing barca, the ground would have been full.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At Chelsea\'s prices lots of fans can only afford to be casual supporters.

Certainly, to an extent.
I would assume the Chelsea STHs get first dibs on whether or not they are buying their seat for the Champs League games before they go on general sale. If they can afford a season ticket, why can they not afford a ticket for Rosenborg ? Thats an awful lot of STHs that simply didn;t bother going, and an awful lot of fans who would;t normally get the opportunity for a League game also not bothering to go along on Tuesday.

I don;t care who the opposition was, or how supposedly \"dull\" Chelseas style of play is - for one of the supposed \"Big Guns\" in the Premiership and Europe, attracting only 24,000 fans to that game was pathetic. Its an indictment on their pricing policy, its an indictment on a drastically eroded fanbase, and its an illustration of just how far Chelsea are behind the other Big Three in this country in terms of REAL support that actually turns up to watch the team.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
cartman_ch.gif

Ha Ha!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has sensationally left Stamford Bridge, according to BBC Radio 5live football correspondent Jonathan Legard. [/SIZE] There has been no official confirmation so far from the Premiership club.
More to follow.

how does someone 'sensationally' leave? did he flounce out?:albion2:

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Certainly, to an extent.
I would assume the Chelsea STHs get first dibs on whether or not they are buying their seat for the Champs League games before they go on general sale. If they can afford a season ticket, why can they not afford a ticket for Rosenborg ? Thats an awful lot of STHs that simply didn;t bother going, and an awful lot of fans who would;t normally get the opportunity for a League game also not bothering to go along on Tuesday.

I don;t care who the opposition was, or how supposedly \"dull\" Chelseas style of play is - for one of the supposed \"Big Guns\" in the Premiership and Europe, attracting only 24,000 fans to that game was pathetic. Its an indictment on their pricing policy, its an indictment on a drastically eroded fanbase, and its an illustration of just how far Chelsea are behind the other Big Three in this country in terms of REAL support that actually turns up to watch the team.

Spot On :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Mourinho will be a loss to the game, purely for the entertainment value he brought.

And while there are undeniably advantages to managing Chelsea as opposed to, say, Middlesbrough, he must have faced different sort of pressures to most managers. Working for rampant egos the size of Abramovich and Kenyon: I don't blame him for saying f... you and jacking it in.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£25 million pay off.

I don't suppose he'll be in a massive rush to take over anywhere else then.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
That crowd figure was a disgrace. That should have been the match for dads to take their sons to as a one-off treat. It wouldn't happen at Arsenal or Spurs.

I noticed in the Metro last night that Arsenal were advertising tickets to next week's Carling Cup match with Newcastle for £10. As I'm working in Old Street next week I'm seriously tempted – just to go the new stadium mainly.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I noticed in the Metro last night that Arsenal were advertising tickets to next week's Carling Cup match with Newcastle for £10. As I'm working in Old Street next week I'm seriously tempted – just to go the new stadium mainly.

Im going to that game, its a tenner to see some decent players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here