Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Mourinho rumoured to have left Chelsea

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Good point.
But theyre still losing several key players, Drogba and Essien in particular. Itll be interesting to see who Grant brings in during the transfer window in January (assuming he is still there).

So are Arsenal - I think it will be Liverpool and Utd doing the laughing.

Be interesting to see how much money grant has as well, has for Chelsea not having a fan base thats a bit laughable really

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just because a player is black Easy doesn\'t mean he will be at the African nations cup.

Chelsea do have a solid fanbase it\'s just they haven\'t had the kind of substained success that the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and United have had over the last 25 years.

Mourinho\'s style of football is putting people off, I know a few Chelsea fans who have given up paying good money to go and watch shit football.
Well I did nearly put SWP as well, before I remembered.

And if Chelsea have this solid fanbase, then where was it on Tuesday ? Cos the season ticket holders don;t seem too fussed about turning out for the premiere club competition in Europe do they. Not going because of \"shit football\" ? I dont buy it. Chelsea arn;t as buccanneering as Man U or Arsenal, but they are far from being a \"boring\" side, and their record at the Bridge for winning games is phenomenal. The reality is, the hardcore fanbase is significantly smaller than other big clubs they are comparing themselves to, and the price structure is crippling.

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
I dont know what all the fuss is about Chelski only getting 25,000 against rosenborg. historically the first few games against the minnows have been poorly attended...the only big gates come with the big teams like barca, Milan, madrid etc.

I remember liverpool having acres of seats empty when they played some Spanish side a few years ago in the earlier rounds.

Arsenal sold 60,000 last night. They also sold 60,000 for the CL qualifier. And 60,000 for 1st round of the Carling Mickey Mouse Cup.

Chelsea = shit club shit fans

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And didn;t Chelsea have something like 15,000 unsold tickets for the Charity Shield at Cardiff ? They;ve priced the REAL fans out of that club. Chelsea in the past used to have a massive hardcore fanbase in London, but it would appear they have managed to f*** that right up now.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Little bulldog has been nagging the arse off me to take him to a Chelsea game but the cost of it puts me off, Unless i've been misreading things we have to get a membership which is £17 for him and £50 for me and then i'm looking at tickets costing around £48 each. That works out a lot of money to watch a football game.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Little bulldog has been nagging the arse off me to take him to a Chelsea game but the cost of it puts me off, Unless i've been misreading things we have to get a membership which is £17 for him and £50 for me and then i'm looking at tickets costing around £48 each. That works out a lot of money to watch a football game.

Take him to Aldershot to watch the reserves - he'll see some players he knows and I think they get decent gates.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Take him to Aldershot to watch the reserves - he'll see some players he knows and I think they get decent gates.

I tried to get away with it when we watched the Albion take on Chelsea in the youth cup but he is'nt having none of that now, He wants the real thing.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Being reported on SSN that he is on his way back to Portugal to 'Take up a role with the Portuguese FA'

:bigwave:
Soon to be the next Portugal manager.

Which will mean Phil Scolari is available, hopefully the FA WON'T be tempted by that.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Well I did nearly put SWP as well, before I remembered.

And if Chelsea have this solid fanbase, then where was it on Tuesday ? Cos the season ticket holders don;t seem too fussed about turning out for the premiere club competition in Europe do they. Not going because of \"shit football\" ? I dont buy it. Chelsea arn;t as buccanneering as Man U or Arsenal, but they are far from being a \"boring\" side, and their record at the Bridge for winning games is phenomenal. The reality is, the hardcore fanbase is significantly smaller than other big clubs they are comparing themselves to, and the price structure is crippling.

I agree with you about the size hardcore fanbase (this I believe has a lot to do with substained success, Chelsea's is recent) but it isn't quite the plastic fantastic fanbase everyone makes out. When a team is doing well more of their fans come out for matches and wear the shirt, I never used to see fulham shirts for example. Also Chelsea are probably one of the closest London sides to this part of the country so it stands to reason.

Chelsea crowds for the Rosenberg game were poor because of the style of play (honestly Easy it's awful), the price and the relative failure to do well in the Champions league.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Two Champions League semi-finals in the last 3 years is hardly an abject record in the competiton though Les. And are you saying that, had Chelsea won the thing last year, the ground would have been packed for the Rosenborg game ? Previous successes or failures in the competition has nothing to do with it, nor does Chelseas style of play - as will be shown when the place IS packed out when the big teams turn up. Think anyone will be saying \"oh I won;t bother with the Barca game, cos we are sooooo boring\".. ?

The stark fact is that there are a larger proportion of casual Chelsea fans who are happy not to bother going to see their team against the likes of Rosenborg. They;ll pick and choose their Champions League games according to the opposition, not because Chelsea are supposedly boring, but because they are casual fans, its fantastically expensive, and they are only really UP for it when the big guns are in town.

The same cannot be said for Arsenal, Man U or Liverpool, who turn out in numbers whoever the opposition is. Liverpool bored me to death on their way to winning it in 2005 - didn;t see many empty seats at Anfield though, did you ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For the amount of money they have spent they were remarkably lacking in flair. Mourinho may be a good manager but he doesn't half put together dull sides to watch

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I said relatively Easy. The fact that Chelsea have got to the stages they have but never look like getting to that illusive final wears thin on supporters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats not really proper supporting then is it Les. That called giving up on the team.
See ? Casual fans that can;t really be arsed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Arsenal sold 60,000 last night. They also sold 60,000 for the CL qualifier. And 60,000 for 1st round of the Carling Mickey Mouse Cup.

Chelsea = shit club shit fans

Arsenal were playing Seville weren't they? I would hazzard a guess that Seville are a bigger draw than Rosenborg

I can't blame him - he does EXACTLY the same as me whenever SchevCHUNKO gets the ball and balloons it ....well...anywhere but at the goal - "Shit, you are total shit and an absolute DONKEY scheva, you SUCK but get paid hundreds of thousands you useless Rusky terWAT".

Buy dozens of the best players around, and you get forced to play the worst.

And people moan about el-Abd!

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Arsenal were playing Seville weren't they? I would hazzard a guess that Seville are a bigger draw than Rosenborg

Should that matter? Surely you are going to watch YOUR team not the opposition! Hardcore fans will turn up week on week, it's the fairweather supporters who will pick and choose IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here