Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Mourinho rumoured to have left Chelsea

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
They were talking about this on breakfast, only caught the end of it but think that they mentioned the name Capello...also, isn't Carlos Queiroz thinking about leaving Man Utd, a link maybe?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Well, that's the end of Chelsea winning things then.

Maybe Trig, but the grinning Russian loon can pay for pretty much any manager he likes so I wouldn't bet on it...but if he pulls his money out the club is right royally rogered!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I didn't realise that he'd never lost a home game.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Can' t stand Chelsea but will miss Mourinho as he was one of few entertaining people left in the premier league. Missing cats, new football rules and omlettes the premier league will be a lot poorer without him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That Russian Gimp bought all of Chelsea's success - without him they were bankrupt and heading the same way as Leeds.

Reckon he has paid for the right to choose who works for him and the right to demand a particular style of play.

I reckon the Chelsea fans should feel very fortunate - after all they could be an ex- top-league club looking up from League 1 watching it all happen to someone else.....just like - oh let me think .......... Albion?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Can't help feeling that Roman has lost touch with reality..... seems the more he has got involved with Chelsea the worse they have become.

He should go back to sitting in the stands and being excited like he was at the beginning rather than choosing which players to sign and making every decision within the club, personally i like Jose and i think the Premier League and English football will be less amusing without him.... too many sterile boring managers about.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bet Barry LLoyd is GUTTED he jumped at that scouting job with the Albion now.

:laugh:

Always the way innit. He waited and waited for the perfect job, and just when he gives up on it .........

I guess Abromovich may be able to afford his buy-out clause from the Albion though.

As for Mourinho, how long do you think it'll take before Spurs fans start suggesting his name, as if he'd even contemplate them for a nano-second. That never usually stops Spurs fans though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can't help feeling that Roman has lost touch with reality..... seems the more he has got involved with Chelsea the worse they have become.

I can't help but feel he fell in love with the whole "Galactico" image at Real Madrid a few years back, and wanted to recreate that. Unfortunately, what he ignores is how they struggled to succeed until they brought in a dour manager like Capello who actually left out "Galacticos" if they weren't performing. That had cost previous managers their job, and is possibly what cost Capello his, but that is how they won back the title, after those trophyless seasons when Zidane, Carlos, Figo, Raul, Beckham and Ronaldo were all picked week in week out regardless of their form or fitness.

Take your pick Roman, you have a star studded team that will often come up short, or you get a manager in who will win things.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's a shame he's gone he was a good character but Chelsea's football had become a bit stale and boring, The bbc are saying Avram Grant will be the new manager.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
BBC reports that Avram Grant has been given the job of manager. He's a mate of Abramovitch's, so it's a chance for more interference.

I was thinking of having on Mourinho being the first to lose his job as the odds were pretty good. It's always easy in hindsight.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Bit of a shame England won they're last 2 games otherwise he would've been an ideal replacement for that twat McClaren.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here