Votes: 32 18.0%
  • Good player but won't fit in with our style

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Forget it we have no chance of signing him

Votes: 33 18.5%

• Total voters

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Can't really vote as it completely depends on the fee for me. £5m is too much in my view for someone who has just scored goals in League 1. Would love to sign him for sure, but just not comfortable with the price that's being suggested.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I am sure every forum is reading this and laughing at you guys who think he should join us. We don't have £7M to spend!

He is NOT ever signing, even a club like Spurs should be in for him.

Can't see him joining a similar club, especially when his current club is only 30 minutes from his hometown.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I am sure every forum is reading this and laughing at you guys who think he should join us. We don't have £7M to spend!

Can't see him joining a similar club, especially when his current club is only 30 minutes from his hometown.

I'm looking forward to bouncing this one on many aspects.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm in the 'no chance' saloon.

Or at least I was a year ago, and then we signed CMS, Vicente, Kuszczak and Bridge.

:eek: I've given up trying to judge who we can/can't attract..

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
hmmm do we want to sign one of the hottest properties in english football...aged 23, 40 goals last season, career average of 1 goal every 2 games...current international....let me think....F*******CK YES.....would compliment our ex internationals and older players and just think what the kid could learn....5 mill yep big fee think this kid is worth the investment though...would we have a chance of signing him hell why not look at the signings we have allready made

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Am I correct in saying that all this stuff on Twitter, online betting sites, Facebook and football forums about us signing Rhodes for £5m comes from that poster on here saying he might seen him at The Amex.

I love the internet!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I voted no idea, because all I know of him was he was a hot prospect for league one huddersfield.

I don't get why people think it is so ridiculous that he could come to us.

-The quoted 7m fee for a league one striker sounds more like a fans estimate that is way above the actual fee he would go for if he moves this summer (many on here make fun of the palace fans for seemingly ramping up Zaha's value with every post, this 7m figure seems the same sort of thing to me)
-Gus convinced CMS to come to us over higher wages at leicester and west ham, he convinced wayne bridge to come here, it says a lot about his sales pitch
-we have signed kuszczak, vicente, bruno, bridge - we are clearly seen as a good option by top experienced players
-signing those players also gives us an extra appeal - players want to play with good players, top players, and we have some of them
-because of our performance last season, and because of our new signings, we will be seen as one of the better options for promotion to the premier league this coming season
-we've shown with bennett and crofts we won't stand in players' way if they want to make a step up from us, and that bigger clubs are watching our players.

Anyone who thinks we have no chance of signing a league one player, given all that is wrong. I'm not saying it's an easy choice to come here or that we can have our pick of them, but we will be seen as a good option by them.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

How do you know we don't have 7 million?gus stated our budget was a bit more than last season,we spent 6 mil roughly last season.

Anyway 5 mil is way to much for rhodes,league 1 was
weak last season to be fair and its not worth the risk.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I voted no idea, because all I know of him was he was a hot prospect for league one huddersfield.

I don't get why people think it is so ridiculous that he could come to us.

-The quoted 7m fee for a league one striker sounds more like a fans estimate that is way above the actual fee he would go for if he moves this summer (many on here make fun of the palace fans for seemingly ramping up Zaha's value with every post, this 7m figure seems the same sort of thing to me)

West Ham increase bid for Jordan Rhodes | Mail Online

£4M cash upfront was rejected. Now in a higher division, and didn't want to sell at £4M either. Maybe £6.5M not £7M.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
How do you know we don't have 7 million?gus stated our budget was a bit more than last season,we spent 6 mil roughly last season.

weak last season to be fair and its not worth the risk.

Last season was £750K + £1 + £2.5M + £250K + £250K - £1.5M

£3.25M spent last year, so over doubling doesn't sound like 'a bit more'. Also Bridge, Bruno and Tomas Kuz will be on higher wages than Buckley and Hoskins?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just seen the moose from Talksport's twitter that he had on good authority that Rhodes is not signing for us.

Is that the angry at Brighton Peterborough fan?

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

weak last season
to be fair and its not worth the risk.

Very good point Sir.........I'm in the not sure camp. Would be great if we did get him but a bigger target man is what we need.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
If we sign Rhodes it would have been the best signing since Wardy.
I know they have had loads of interest from PL clubs and if it was him it would be a massive coup, far better than the Spanish fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here