• Good player but won't fit in with our style

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Forget it we have no chance of signing him

Votes: 33 18.5%

• Total voters

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I really don't think we'll sign him. IMO he'll sign for a bottom half Premiership team, do f*** all and be back in the Championship within a few years.

However I fully expect to Gus to pull something very special out the bag between now and the end of August.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
That's very true but I'm basing the suggestion of it being nonsense based on we just don't need a player like Rhodes. And neither do I think we would consider 5m for one player.

Huddersfield aren't Peterborough either, they don't need the cash as much.

I dont think too many of us would have expected us to pay £2.5m a year ago for CMS, another player who apparantly we had no chance of signing because he was going to QPR or Norwich, two clubs that have also been linked to Rhodes.

But we did.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
And you call us deluded ! FWIW you would have to break your transfer record which you wasted on CMS . Will tone do it ? Will he splash the cash ? Guess we will have to wait and see .

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Do I want a player who scored 40 goals last season?

Hmmmmm. Let me think about this one.....

Exactly. And 23. Its a no brainer if hes interested.
Were a team on the up, look at our recents signings, we need to get out of this small club mentality that many of our fans still have of us, and many opposing fans.

The sooner we do this, the better chance we have of going up from an incredibly tough division.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I dont think too many of us would have expected us to pay £2.5m a year ago for CMS, another player who apparantly we had no chance of signing because he was going to QPR or Norwich, two clubs that have also been linked to Rhodes.

But we did.

Again, Huddersfield aren't Peterborough they are more cash rich. Also Rhodes is 5 years younger then CMS.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Do I want a player who scored 40 goals last season?

Hmmmmm. Let me think about this one.....

In League One though, which makes him a gamble, and I thinking it is going to be an expensive gamble as well. CMS tears League One apart, but that doesn't mean he automatically slots into a different system in a higher division. The same applied to Rhodes.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be pleased with the player, and players do step up, of course they do, but I just think teh price looks too high, and that's why he's not moved yet. Like CMS a year ago, the season finished with the player inevitably off to teh Premiership, but interest just cools a bit from Prem sides, on actually pulling the trigger on a League One striker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And you call us deluded ! FWIW you would have to break your transfer record which you wasted on CMS . Will tone do it ? Will he splash the cash ? Guess we will have to wait and see .

Genuine question: Which bit is deluded? That we could be in for a League One striker?

He's MUCH less far fetched than Bridge or effin VICENTE?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You guys are just so full of green eye these days, I love it

and it 's MR Bloom to you not Tone :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know nothing of this chap other than he has scored a lot of goals for Huddersfield.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just imagine, Kusczak plays a simple ball to Bruno, Who spreads it cross field to Wayne Bridge.

The ex-England international looks up, waves to his sexy girlfriend who is an honourary Gully Girl for the day, and dinks the ball inside to VIcente.

The Ex-spanish international drops the shoulder and skips past the bamboozled palace midfielder.

Vicente looks up and sees CMS make a brilliant run across the box which drags two punch-drunk defenders with him in a manner which Vicente remembers Raul doing for Spain.

The gap leaves new albion striker Jordan Rhodes free on the right of the box, similar to that taken up by Morientes in the same Spain match. Vicente rolls the ball to Rhodes and the 40 goal-a-season man RIFLES it into the net in front of the fully filled south stand. They run to the now-filled corner between South and West stands and celebrate.

See. It would work. I've proved it.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
If this turns out to be true.........

On balance I think it woould be a good signing.
- Fanatastic scoring record - goal every two games consistently
- Similar to Lambert in terms of style and progression
- Premier clubs want him as well...........
- 5m (if true) is high but as he is young its an investment in an asset and we would get the money back either in Prem money or resale
- would rather spend 5m on young than an oldie

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I don't think this will happen and voted that way. As stated huddersfield do not need to sell and I don't think they would to a potential rival. If Rhodes is going anyway it is to the premiership and not to another championship team.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Again, Huddersfield aren't Peterborough they are more cash rich. Also Rhodes is 5 years younger then CMS.

Yeah you're right they are better off than Peterborough and no they dont need to sell, but everyone has their price, personally i think, keeping in mind the oxo-chamb deal and the CMS deal that £5m would be the minimum, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoskins go the other way, and i expect there would be substantial add ons subject to goals, promotion etc.

But if Gus does want him (and we still dont know if he does) then dont write us off.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It seems like a number of premier league teams are willing to take the supposed gamble, so why shouldn't we. It's a huge sum of money, but we'd get it back and more if he had a decent season and a half with us before bigger fish encircle. The players who prove themselves top drawer in the championship won't really want to step sideways to a rival. They'll want to go up. So it's more likely we'll aim for the best just below who remain insanely ambitious and on a path to riches we can tap in on.
I have no idea whether we'll get him or not, but i very much like the sound of it if we do. Tall and goal-hungry with a decent touch. What more do we want right now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here