Votes: 32 18.0%
  • Good player but won't fit in with our style

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Forget it we have no chance of signing him

Votes: 33 18.5%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Am I correct in saying that all this stuff on Twitter, online betting sites, Facebook and football forums about us signing Rhodes for £5m comes from that poster on here saying he might seen him at The Amex.

I love the internet!

Correct.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Andy Naylor tweet
The Vicente saga seems to be drawing to a happier conclusion. All Rhodes lead to The Amex? Not so according to to the press officer. #bhafc

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
rhodes would be a quality signing for bha , a proper scope as well many teams were interested in him

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
I'd go for experience although what I have seen of him on TV suggests he is a good finisher but .....what else?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
You missed out the smilie??

No I didn't. Rhodes has his future in front of him, not behind him. He wants to succeed and win things. In five years time he will be playing for a top 4 PL club.
Only problem would be too good to be true.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I voted, "Yes, just what we need" but am equally in the "Forget it we have no chance of signing him" camp.

Overall, he's a cracking young player with great potential. Weren't Arsenal after him at one point (scouted at least?!). We are suffering a bit from delusions of grandeur at the moment which is effecting peoples player judgement.

Its one thing signing 4 players (incl. Vicente) over 30 who are out of contract (albeit wonderful, wonderful players) but its completely another negotiating a transfer fee for a young and prolific striker in the same division.

If we signed him, I would be very, very happy but he's on a good thing with Huddersfield and doesn't actually need to move to another Championship club unless there's a stellar offer on the table.

Like CMS last season, it would be a real statement of intent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Signed for £5m.

Supposedly. Allegedly, completely uncorroborated. Source? Unreliable...Thought I'd post anyway.

71 goals in 122 games for a 22 year old!? Tasty.

Ha ha, I reckon my texter has probably relayed this info. from this site!! I'm going to find out, as that would make me look a right....

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As I said in the 1st post, I really don't know much about him but having seen posted that he is too good for us by so many, and it'll never happen. I now want us to sign him up...

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Brilliant. Source NSC

Signed for £5m.

Supposedly. Allegedly, completely uncorroborated. Source? Unreliable...Thought I'd post anyway.

71 goals in 122 games for a 22 year old!? Tasty.

Ha ha, I reckon my texter has probably relayed this info. from this site!! I'm going to find out, as that would make me look a right....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm fairly confident his game is pretty similar to that of CMS so he doesn't strike me as a particularly good signing because he'll end up in the same position, isolated upfront without any decent service. Can't believe he's the spectacular player. Although if that player does come then he could be a great purchase alongside that.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Really surprised that so many have said yes. We signed 2 strikers who did will in L1 last season and they hardly set the league alight did they ???

Hasnt really got any experience at this level and id be worried that he would be another CMS, paying a lot and not getting much in return. Dont get me wrong hes a good talent, but i wouldnt touch him until he has had a season at this level with Huddersfield.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think if we offered £5m for Rhodes then Huddersfield will snatch our hands off. They would simply take on Ross McCormack on a free who has seen it done it at this level.

Plus, as Bloom has said himself we have a budget similar to last year (£6m plus wages). I know we have taken on 3 players who have added to the wagebill, but that must still leave quite a bit of say £6m left. Poyet always says Strikers are like Gold dust, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he spent it on Rhodes.

Would he be worth it........dont know, but its a big gamble. But some team will gamble on him and if he strats to score goals at this level, then that fee rises.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Brighton was not an option yesterday in sky-bets Jordan Rhodes transfer window signing bet, only some prem teams were quoted, the likes of reading, qpr, norwich. Today the bet has disappeared completely which is strange!

This bet is back on and we have been installed as the 5/4 fav'!
Also we are 28/1 to sign some Owen fellow!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I gone for not likely. I can't see Huddersfield needed to sell to a league rival and only to a premiership team if they sell at all.

Reading Naylor's tweet if I read correctly and the press officer denies the Rhodes link am I reaching to far to think that talks with another are in place since it just not say nothing in pipeline. Or am I just clutching at straws?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have one striker struggling without the experience of the Championship we payed quite a lot for so in my view a 2nd with no experience costing a lot is madness

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Voted 'No idea' as I don't know much about him apart from he has scored a hatful of goals - I'm not sure £5m is really the sort of money we should be paying for a player atm though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here