Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jon-Paul McGovern

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Swindon Advertiser seems to think we are after him as well as Greer.

Penultimate paragraph here:

SWINDON TOWN: Henshall snapped up by City From Swindon Advertiser)

"Elsewhere, Brighton are thought to have made an audacious move for Town skipper and centre-back Gordon Greer. Gus Poyet’s side are also rumoured to be interested in Town winger Jon-Paul McGovern, however any such move for either player is expected to be rebuffed by Town."

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Im not being arrogant! They are both tied to contracts our club is financially sound and they both play regularly and enjoy playing, why take a sideways risk in times like these?

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
but as with greer he is not coming to you.

How can you be so easily dismissive? He may not come, but to be just so dismissive seems silly. What's happening at our club right now with the stadium going up and the lure of Gus Poyet as well as being a great place to live would be very tempting to a lot of players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Im not being arrogant! They are both tied to contracts our club is financially sound and they both play regularly and enjoy playing, why take a sideways risk in times like these?

I wouldn't be so sure if I was you - often players move to bigger and better clubs with more history to further their careers...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Your fans are all arrogant, you only need to take a quick peak at the Swindon forum, several of your members called us things like shit club ect. You guys are like Leeds fans. But at least they have reason to be like that I suppose. You are a nothing club.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

because paynter is gone, austin is going, that young chap is off to man city. your ground is crap, and we've got possibly the best new stadium in the country. can't blame them for wanting out really...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Your fans are all arrogant, you only need to take a quick peak at the Swindon forum, several of your members called us things like shit club ect. You guys are like Leeds fans. But at least they have reason to be like that I suppose. You are a nothing club.

The word you were looking for was "IGNORANT". :censored:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I would be surprised if we paid £750k on a winger who is 29! I would rather we spend that on a striker. However It seems to me that Gus is unlikely to bid for players there is no chance of signing so he must feel we have some chance to get Greer and if a bid is made McGovern.

Also if the boot was on the other foot we would say there is no chance that say Elliott Bennett would go to Swindon...........oh wait thats cause he wouldn't!!!!!!!!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

More like a step up to a club going places.......maybe they would rather come and play for Gus........they may be under contract but doesnt mean they wont want to move on. Would love to sign them both but i cant see it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
These two are players Gus knows from his time at Swindon, what what lure them are longer contracts than what they have now.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
JP McGovern is the best player I have seen, he would be an IMMENSE signing, the answer to all our problems. Kazenga WHO?

:lolol:

Me too, the League One Pele and no mistake*

*assuming he is a midfielder, as I'm not entirely sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here