Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Johnson to bring back Imperial units to honour the queen

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why are the Government actively pursuing purely divisive policies? We should be better than this.

politics. :shrug: cant take the partisan political theatre out of government unfortuntely. talk up an idea (policy is giving it far too much weight) thats popular with your base. if the others publicise annoyance, thats a bonus.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have a friend who quite recently had to shove 20g of hashish up his arse because he accidently bought an ounce instead of a gram and he says imperial units are shithouse.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How far should an opposition footballer be from the ball when a free kick is taken?

9.15M according to the laws of the game

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball, unless they are on their own goal line between the goalposts...

That reminds of something that has intrigued me: are penalty spots in mainland Europe in a different place to penalty spots in the UK. Our penalties are 12 yards from the goal but, elsewhere, they're 11 metres (11 metres is literally the German word for penalty). So, ours are 432" from the goal, while those sneaky continentals are 429" from the goal. Three inches can make a lot of difference - at least that's what my female friends have said

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Easy to imagine this meeting.
“We need some headlines on the tangible positive benefits of Brexit. With all the great minds around this Cabinet table, someone must be able to come up with something…”

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Didn't the price difference give it away? Besides, who on earth buys a single gram of hash?

Well by the time he got to hear the price, the seller had already driven quite a distance and he felt in no position to explain the situation at that point.

He does, often twice a day much to the frustration of those making business with him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it not that they travelled 20,000 leagues whilst under the sea, rather than they went down 20,000 leagues?

Edit: and you have given the radius as the diameter

I don't know.

Did they end up in the Scottish Premiership?

Edit - the difference is still staggering whether my diameter is correct or not.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I must confess that i prefer and enjoy a pint as opposed to a litre.
I'd much rather drink a litre of beer at a time, saves queuing.

Edit: obviously this would mean a litre of GOOD beer rather than Carlingberg piss or Harvey's.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When is someone going to look at this 360 degrees nonsense and the sun being the centre of the universe ?

Exactly, now we have our sovereignty back, whoever allows us to get back to dancing around naked full of psilocybin mushrooms and gets rid of this foreign Christian rubbish is definitely getting my vote :thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This smacks of desperation by the PM, but it's true to form. He spent years making up stories about "straight bananas" as a journalist.

Although once those myths are embedded, it's quite easy for people to fall for it (see above).

He’ll be demanding that Burnley are allowed to advertise the fact they’ll be playing in ‘Division 2’ next! [emoji23]

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I'd much rather drink a litre of beer at a time, saves queuing.

Edit: obviously this would mean a litre of GOOD beer rather than Carlingberg piss or Harvey's.

Or a pottle.

Measures.jpg

Obviously only if it's a GOOD beer

The avoirdupois system was first commonly used in the 13th century AD and was updated in 1959. Early, even for the minister of the 18th Century.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here