Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As sickapeadia said.

its like putting Hitler on the naughty step
Not really. [MENTION=24003]Falkor[/MENTION] has specified the real damage in post #154. It's about a worthwhile point of principle, it's just that personally I'm not convinced he's guilty anymore.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not really. [MENTION=24003]Falkor[/MENTION] has specified the real damage in post #154. It's about a worthwhile point of principle, it's just that personally I'm not convinced he's guilty anymore.

Problem for Terry is that he has done so much in the past, people assume he is guilty.

Out of interest, can the FA ban him if found guilty?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
she is also good friends of the Ferdinand's they grew up in the same area.
really ?? Where's your source for that ? They attended the same school but there are 4 years difference between rio and steven lawrence , let alone anton, i'd be interested to know why the likes of rio has never mentioned the connection in one of his many anti racism campaigns.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
really ?? Where's your source for that ? They attended the same school but there are 4 years difference between rio and steven lawrence , let alone anton, i'd be interested to know why the likes of rio has never mentioned the connection in one of his many anti racism campaigns.

Rio knew Stephen Lawrence. They played football together at school.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For a start, it's a viable defence because he has got black friends , calling the "old blah blah" defence is becoming some sort of stock reply, which is worthless because on this occasion certainly , its true, and if its a one off slip then it shouldnt be anywhere near a courtroom, in fact it shouldnt be anywhere near a courtroom fullstop.
Strangely, some racist people do have black friends. They just tell themselves that the black person they grew up with is one of them, and not like the others. I'm not suggesting that's the case with Terry, but what he said isn't really acceptable, so he could be found guilty.

It will simply come down to if they can prove that the words were said to the person they were said. In this case the word is black is the illegal bit, f***ing and **** are ok but try saying that to your GF without the black and see what you get!
I don't think that's the case. His defense seems to be that he admits saying the words (so I'm not sure why they needed the lip readers), but he says he was repeating back what Anton had said - ie, Anton called terry a black ****, so Terry replied saying f'ing black ****? F'ing black ****?

Having seen the youtube clips though, he didn't look to be asking a question, he looked to be shouting abuse.

When someone (Anton) is shouting abuse at you though, it would be common to shout abuse back. The crime is that he said black within that abuse, which he shouldn't have done, but it doesn't seem to me like such a big crime.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I'm on the stitch up scent too. the fact that the Ferdinand's PR guy is at the heart of this, quite frankly stinks.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yes , because poor little lamb Anton needs advice in this case doesnt he ? She suffered a loss, she is now milking it for all she's worth.

Sorry Bushy but couldnt disagree with you MORE here.

Anton maybe doesnt need support but his parents may well do.

And is she really 'milking it'. No more than say Sara Paine or Helen Newlove etc. But of course being white Anglo saxons perhaps they wouldnt stoop so low?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Out of interest, can the FA ban him if found guilty?

I'm not sure they can, but they have said they will have their own investigation, but it was put on hold so as not to prejudice the trial. If he is found guilty I'm sure there would be pressure to complete the investigation (though I hope they will complete it regardless).

The FA won't be investigating whether John Terry is racist, just whether he used an insult that referred to someone's colour.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

Yes really i grew up in the area, my Brother inlaw also was in the same class as Anton, and hung around with them, i guess you knew at the time Anton was tipped as the better brother at football, and Rio acutal first love was doing dancing

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes really i grew up in the area, my Brother inlaw also was in the same class as Anton, and hung around with them, i guess you knew at the time Anton was tipped as the better brother at football, and Rio acutal first love was doing dancing

Really, so you knew both of them and can say that 16 year old steven lawrence played football with 12 year old rio ferdinand yeah ? I've also got a mate who went to blackheath bluecoats when anton was there , describes him as horrible bully who lived off his brothers name.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Sorry Bushy but couldnt disagree with you MORE here.

Anton maybe doesnt need support but his parents may well do.And is she really 'milking it'. No more than say Sara Paine or Helen Newlove etc. But of course being white Anglo saxons perhaps they wouldnt stoop so low?
I would suspect that his parents are made of sterner stuff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And is she really 'milking it'. No more than say Sara Paine or Helen Newlove etc. But of course being white Anglo saxons perhaps they wouldnt stoop so low?

Help for Heroes, are they milking it?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Really, so you knew both of them and can say that 16 year old steven lawrence played football with 12 year old rio ferdinand yeah ? I've also got a mate who went to blackheath bluecoats when anton was there , describes him as horrible bully who lived off his brothers name.

lmfao ok Bushy you have ur story which is blinkered by racial hatred and il have mine.

I have signed pictures from Anton having meet him due to my Brother inlaw so il take his word over yours any day of the week.

STEPHEN LAWRENCE
In April 1993, Stephen was an 18 year old, ready to start training for his dream job as an architect. He’d done work experience and was promised a job if he passed his A-levels. He was doing these at Blackheath Bluecoat School and knew through football, fellow pupil, and now famous Manchester United and England soccer star, Rio Ferdinand.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
lmfao ok Bushy you have ur story which is blinkered by racial hatred and il have mine.

I have signed pictures from Anton having meet him due to my Brother inlaw so il take his word over yours any day of the week.
Not really a definitive answer is it ? You've gone from stating categorically that they were family friends, and you knew this from growing up in the area ( until what age, how come you support brighton ?) to posting a link that they " knew each other through football " and a somewhat tenuous connection with anton, backed up by the fact you've got "signed photos of him", hmmmm.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I am concerned that we are taking a clip of JT saying what he said to AF, but no other context. What did AF say to JT and what about the players around them. No player has come out on either side and AF seemed confused as to what had been said to him on the pitch, He had to be told afterwards when the clip was shown. I am affraid we only have AF word what he said to JT leading up to this and we only have JT word why he said what he said.
I agree that JT made a racist remark, But the question is, did he say it in response to AF acussing him of it (JT's defence).Or was it in reaction to AF reference to the affair. All we have seen is one clip, and as AF admits that he did try and wind JT up where is that clip?

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

anyway, i dont want to get into yet another feud on here so i'm just going to leave it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here