Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry Retires from International Football

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I see his thinking. Quit footie, when players are away on international duty, wife's are home alone. Clever.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
"I feel The FA, have made my position with the national team untenable."

Clearly written by his Publicity People, I doubt if the Uberchav has ever uttered the word untenable, or has the first idea what it means......

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Horrible, horrible person but great player and a great loss for England. Sure he's slow but heart and soul goes into every tackle for his country and reads the ball so well. Shame.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He may have his critics of which I am one, but nobody can ever deny that he has been effective and Mr Reliable for England and never let the down on the field. His and his wife's private lives should be just that their private lives and of no concern of football supporters. There have been many rumors about them but as I say that is their private life and shouldn't have any bearing on his football life..

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
He may have his critics of which I am one, but nobody can ever deny that he has been effective and Mr Reliable for England and never let the down on the field. His and his wife's private lives should be just that their private lives and of no concern of football supporters. There have been many rumors about them but as I say that is their private life and shouldn't have any bearing on his football life..

Sadly his private life effected his playing life which means it is the business of the fans. Dipping his wick effected who could be picked for certain teams and that effects the fans

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
It was the right thing to do for everyone involved.
Hodgson doesn't have to justify picking someone who's about to be charged by the fa for racial abuse.
A large part of englands support who don't like the man get to see the back of him.
And the man himself can play the victim meaning his ego never has to deal with being dropped for football reasons (which was not far off at all).
Personally i think he gave his all for england every game he played, no matter how well or badly he played. Although recently he's become painfully slow and unsuited to top level international football. As for his personal life, i really couldn't give a...

A very good player who hopefully won't be missed football-wise.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The question is who was responsible for that situation? The position of Wayne Bridge was a problem that was overcome with his transfer to Man City the rest was up to him. Obviously we are now reaping the benefit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Typical North Stand wanker response to one of the servants of our international game.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It was the right thing to do for everyone involved.
Hodgson doesn't have to justify picking someone who's about to be charged by the fa for racial abuse.
A large part of englands support who don't like the man get to see the back of him.
And the man himself can play the victim meaning his ego never has to deal with being dropped for football reasons (which was not far off at all).
Personally i think he gave his all for england every game he played, no matter how well or badly he played. Although recently he's become painfully slow and unsuited to top level international football. As for his personal life, i really couldn't give a...

A very good player who hopefully won't be missed football-wise.

Surely you can't be serious?

:fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here