Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry Retires from International Football

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Wayne Bridge didn't have a wife, he had an EX girlfriend that shagged JT... what don't some of you thicko's understand?

Yes my mistake, I was trying to write on two forums at the same time about a similar subject. Despite that my point is surely Terry knew it was going to cause a problem between him and Bridge before he did it? Did he not realise the wider implications?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wayne Bridge didn't have a wife, he had an EX girlfriend that shagged JT... what don't some of you thicko's understand?

Now ex-, his ex when the news came out. But when the alleged affair happened, she and bridge were in a relationship.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When it comes to loyalty in football which so many of you crave for I find it astounding that you would ditch a true Englishman that wore his heart on his sleeve for everything outside of football. Perhaps you people need to take a good look at yourselves before judging others. As a footballer he is a great loss to our international side, he was a great servant to the English cause and I for one commend him. The rest of the dross on this thread is just meathead bollocks from people that don't have a brain between them to think for themselves. My opinion obviously.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Now ex-, his ex when the news came out. But when the alleged affair happened, she and bridge were in a relationship.

Bridge was NOT with the girl in question when she shagged JT.... seriously Acker, I love your stats and stuff, but don't be this stupid please?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
When it comes to loyalty in football which so many of you crave for I find it astounding that you would ditch a true Englishman that wore his heart on his sleeve for everything outside of football. Perhaps you people need to take a good look at yourselves before judging others. As a footballer he is a great loss to our international side, he was a great servant to the English cause and I for one commend him. The rest of the dross on this thread is just meathead bollocks from people that don't have a brain between them to think for themselves. My opinion obviously.

On and off field

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What are you trying to muster up? Not with you, and can't be bothered to look at your googled video ... even Ashley Barnes gets sent off. Typically moronic.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bridge was NOT with the girl in question when she shagged JT.... seriously Acker, I love your stats and stuff, but don't be this stupid please?

It's not stupidity when reports suggest they were in a relationship when the alleged affair happened, and exact details of any relations between them are never released. It's about who you believe, whether you think a man who is married would lie about having an affair, whether a woman who is reported to have had two men on the go would admit to it (in a world with such gender hypocrisy where a woman is looked down on and a man championed when they have two on the go), and whether a team mate cheating on his wife with your ex is something that would cause you such a problem you leave the team and retire from international football, and refuse to shake his hand, and why an super-injunction was sought.

Last edited:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
What are you trying to muster up? Not with you, and can't be bothered to look at your googled video ... even Ashley Barnes gets sent off. Typically moronic.

The point is people do not respect Terry because of the way he acts on the field as well as off it. That particular offence he committed, kicking a man nowhere near the ball and then telling everyone around him he had done nothing says a lot about his character and it was not a one off.
I think England can do better than John Terry so I am not sad to see him leave the international game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The hypocrisy, patronising and bullshit of some of you on here does my head in.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA

This.

Having traveled to see most of the int'l competitions of the last 20 years he has stood out from the crowd as giving 100% every time I have seen him play. Always grateful for the support, win or lose. Couldn't give a crap about his personal life, he was/is a very good player and I for one will miss him in an England shirt.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

You always seem to pop up in these John Terry threads and always post the same stuff. You know people don't like, in fact the vast majority of people don't like him, why let it wind you up so much or even come onto these threads at all?

You seem incapable of understanding why people might not like the guy. It could be for any of the following, take your pick:

• He is the front man for a highly unlikeable club surrounded by unlikable characters (Cole, Drogba, Lampard etc)
  • He's the first player in a ref's face when something happens
  • That he got fined by Chelsea for mocking American tourists after 9/11
  • That he was involved in a nightclub brawl which he amazingly got off
  • That he feels he can do whatever he likes that he parked his Bentley in a disabled bay
  • That he was videoed accepting money for private tours
  • That he had a affair with the girlfriend of a team mate.
  • That he sarcastically racially abused Anton Ferdinand

For me the football stuff doesn't matter,which ever way you dice it up he's an extremely unpleasant character. I don't care whether he is very good at kicking a ball I don't like the bloke. It's not a trade-off "Oh because he throws himself into tackles I can forgive him for X" it doesn't work that way.

And yes I would feel the same way if he was a Brighton player. The fact he's a footballer is immaterial, he's appears to be a total arse of a person.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I rest my case on that [MENTION=12424]Southwick_Seagull[/MENTION]... it consumes you people far more than it does me, I see a footballer playing football on a football pitch for ninety football minutes, what they do afterwards is of no concern to me. [MENTION=437]Miami Seagull[/MENTION] ... respect... I think you understand the difference between ninety minutes and people's lives.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
good riddance. I really don't want my son to grow up with Terry as some kind of role model. Regardless of what he did for England, his off the field behaviour cannot be ignored.

And wasn't he also married when he shagged Bridge's girlfriend?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here