Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry CPS Announcement today

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Crown Prosecution Service will today announce whether he is to face charges.
Sky Sports News still show the pixellated coverage of him saying racing words.
I cant see him not being charged! His very expensive lawyer is going to have his work cutout.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I know they're two unrelated incidents, but can you imagine the uproar if the FA don't ban Terry for the same amount of games as they have done with Suarez.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I know they're two unrelated incidents, but can you imagine the uproar if the FA don't ban Terry for the same amount of games as they have done with Suarez.

true but i guess they will await the outcome of court case IF cps charge him.
If they charge him though, he will still be "innocent" til the court case, If court case is months & months away, interesting if capello still takes him to Euros.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Come on CPS, make EVERYONES Xmas.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hasn't Capello practically said he'll stick with Terry regardless? (Depressingly)

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Hasn't Capello practically said he'll stick with Terry regardless? (Depressingly)

I think IF it goes to court & he is found guilty, the decision will be taken out of capello's hands.
BUT a court case will take months so think he will still take him to Euros

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Surely the FA will still take action against him even if the CPS don't prosecute. There wasn't anywhere near enough evidence against Suarez for a Criminal Prosecution, but that didn't (and nor should it have) stop the FA from taking action.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
There was no TV evidence against Suarez, so there is something seriously wrong if Terry gets away with it.

I think that the fact the incident happened between two Englishmen makes it worse as well. Not conding Suarez in any way, but there is more room for confusion and misunderstanding between a Uruguayan and Frenchman than two Englishmen.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think that the fact the incident happened between two Englishmen makes it worse as well. Not conding Suarez in any way, but there is more room for confusion and misunderstanding between a Uruguayan and Frenchman than two Englishmen.

Exactly. While Suarez mitigation that the word he used was not offensive where he comes from, was weak, it was a vaguely valid point. I don't see how JT has any such mitigating circumstance to attempt a rfeduction of teh ban. So, if 8 games is the tariff we are now setting for racial abuse, then that is what JT is facing. he just needs to hope the Suarez ban wasn't based on say 10 games, but reduced to 8 due to the mitigating circumstance relating to "cultural differences". If that was teh case, then JT is getting a longer ban than Suarez.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If so, this could be the end for JT, AVB will have to find a January replacement or promote from within and that could mean someone else getting very settled in to JT's shoes.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
if suarez got 8 games with no proven evidence and he pleaded guilty i belive terry must be shitting a brick right now

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I wouldn't wish anything bad to happen to anyone but if JT gets put in the nick for 6 months I would have a quiet chuckle.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
if suarez got 8 games with no proven evidence and he pleaded guilty i belive terry must be shitting a brick right now

Suarez pleaded not guilty.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Surely there's two elements to this? There's the CPS 'law of the land' aspect to be dealt with, i.e. did JT break the law or not, and then there's the football element. In other words whatever the CPS decide he's still got to face the FA hasn't he? (Like Suarez)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here