Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry Confirmed as England Captain

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
So - apart from a Chelsea fan - everyone agrees that he's a nasty little c*nt? Jolly good. (So do I, incidentally.)

Not at all. I like John Terry and think he is the best captain we've had since Bryan Robson. How a person can lose the captaincy because he shagged some bird that once went out with one of his teram mates is a mystery to me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not at all. I like John Terry and think he is the best captain we've had since Bryan Robson. How a person can lose the captaincy because he shagged some bird that once went out with one of his teram mates is a mystery to me.

'Some bird he once went out with' - being the mother of his child - and just a fling for married Terry.

I'm not just judging him on that. I'm judging him on a whole raft of poor behaviour and discrepencies. Not the behaviour beffiting an England captain.

Where is the evidence that John Terry is such a fantastic captain? I must have missed England playing well or winning against the odds.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
'Some bird he once went out with' - being the mother of his child - and just a fling for married Terry.

I'm not just judging him on that. I'm judging him on a whole raft of poor behaviour and discrepencies. Not the behaviour beffiting an England captain.

Where is the evidence that John Terry is such a fantastic captain? I must have missed England playing well or winning against the odds.

OK, even if the things he did were wrong how the fcuk can you replace him with a drugs cheat!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
OK, even if the things he did were wrong how the fcuk can you replace him with a drugs cheat!!

Well, I wouldn't have replaced him with Ferdinand to start with. Inconclusive that he is a 'drugs cheat' per se, but I wouldn't bet against it.

The whole Rio brand and his hypocritical behaviour would mean he wouldn't be considered for the role.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why enter a discussion without having any input? What would your replacement be and why? Doesn't seem to matter how much I ask this question, no-one comes up with substantial reason unless they talk about private lives. So come on BoF, be the first to give us real reason on the pitch as to why there is someone better out there, and who it may be.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
He's a thug. End of.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Southwick Seagull at last, a voice of reason, as opposed to these people that tell us JT should not be captain without coming up with alternatives. There is very little respect to be picked up from the posters on this particular thread because none of them can come up with a footballing reason.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why enter a discussion without having any input? What would your replacement be and why? Doesn't seem to matter how much I ask this question, no-one comes up with substantial reason unless they talk about private lives. So come on BoF, be the first to give us real reason on the pitch as to why there is someone better out there, and who it may be.

I assumed by entering the discussion and stating my stance counted as input?

I don't like many/any of our current internationals. They don't do anything for me - the key players are self absorbed imbeciles whom are far more concerned with building their own fortunes or constructing a brand in their name. A world away from our battlers of the early 90s.

I am coming from a completely idealistic viewpoint and stance. I would only pick players that befit the honour of playing for their country and would walk over hot coals to do so.

I don't want serial philanderer and thuggish John Terry going on a jolly abroad every two years to represent our nation.

I don't want Rio 'youve been merked' Ferdinand prancing about on the field. The man whom launched an academy in Uganda for street children, saying it was an "overwhelming and humbling" experience, before signing up as the face of an exclusive luxury development in the same country - a country proposing the death penalty for homosexuals.

Don't get me started on Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney or Steven Gerrard and so on. They are so far beyond reality and living in a bubble.

Lovely little snippet in a paper this morning...

Wayne Rooney – five months after his transfer request secured a new £250k-a-week deal – reacting to new reports questioning his commitment to Manchester United. "I've never seen such rubbish in my life. You get angry when people question you."

It is not a state of resentment. These self-absorbed, self-promoting millionaires show very little appreciation or humility. In fact, most of them seem to be quite angry much of the time. I don't feel comfortable showing any sort of support for someone that gets paid obscene amounts for what they do.

I would replace much of the team with players that actually want to play for the country, behave themselves and act with the class and humility that comes with such an esteemed position.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Southwick Seagull at last, a voice of reason, as opposed to these people that tell us JT should not be captain without coming up with alternatives. There is very little respect to be picked up from the posters on this particular thread because none of them can come up with a footballing reason.

Respect for not offering an alternative? What on earth are you blithering on about?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would replace much of the team with players that actually want to play for the country, behave themselves and act with the class and humility that comes with such an esteemed position.

I don't pay a great deal of attention as to whom are the best players or possess the best leadership qualities. As previously stated, I couldn't really give a toss if we don't win anything. We win absolutely nothing with our current bunch, so I would rather have a group of players that represent our country as opposed to representing themselves.

An alternative? I would attempt to coax Linvoy Primus out of retirement and let him lead the country. He is a good man.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
They could make Ken Dodds left testicle captain of England for all I give a shit, English national football died on 27 June last year and allied to the infestation of corruption at FIFA culminating in the awarding of World Cups to a mafia controlled state (Russia) and the country that paid the biggest bribes (Qatar) It has simply served to make me retire from supporting International football any more and concentrate solely on the Albion. f*** England, f*** FIFA and f*** the World Cup - f*** em all! Oh and f*** John Terry as well the nasty odious wanker. :angry:

:rant:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
My interest in England finished when Bobby Z got injured.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
To be fair, JT has great experience in leading and consoling a team that win f*** all abroad.
Oh, the wannabe's at it again, enjoy the (admittedly brief) time in the europa league did we, er, lad? get used to it because thats all you've got a chance of qualifying for next year, la.

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
Can I just say apart from doing the dirty on an ex-girlfriend of a team mate, what possibly makes him and odious little wanker, a thug or many other pleasantries that have been blurted out on this thread. All I can see is some people believing everything they read in the papers, bring me one shred of 100% evidence that he even did do the dirty as far as I have seen its all allegations which is a bit Jeremy Kyle.

People are saying the England team died for them vs Germany, oh? so it wasn't the 40 year of shit players failing at every big stage before that then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here