Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry Confirmed as England Captain

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
should almost certainly by gerrard

i really like capello and dont honestly think that anybody else will do any better purely because england are not good as everyone likes to think they are, but this decision is totally and utterly wrong

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why is it wrong? You haven't given a reason, and please not let it be off pitch scenarios, think purely football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
RIO Ferdinand does not have the commanding sleaze of a world class sexual predator needed to captain England, Fabio Capello has claimed:

The England coach wants to hand the skipper's armband back to John Terry, insisting he can motivate the squad with his unwavering commitment to f***ing their wives and girlfriends.

Capello said: "Rio is far too interested in running fancy magazines and tweeting statements that, for a centre back, are quite stunningly nuanced and intelligent.

"At no point has he picked my brains about finding really good whores in Sardinia or asked me to hold his coat while he pumps some giggly skank in the bogs of a service station.

"He has simply been tall and shouty."

He added: "John Terry will be a commanding presence on the pitch and in the dressing room, as well as building personal relationships with the players, asking where they live, what time they get home from training and whether their wives like it up the dirtbox.

"I truly believe he will lead the squad with great stature before tearing it apart just in time for the European Championship finals.

"I hope it's my wife he's f***ing at the time. Wouldn't that be brilliant?"

Its the fact that doesnt lie :lol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Why is it wrong? You haven't given a reason, and please not let it be off pitch scenarios, think purely football.

the off-pitch scenario is a serious enough offence to warrant being a problem. the captain is supposed to be respected as the leader, and id have a great deal of trouble respecting a man who was shagging his team mates wife. in a work environment, if i found out that a team leader had been having it away with one of my fellow colleagues wife behind his back, id lose all respect them. fortunately, with the way a lot of the england team behave they obviously dont seem to have that problem!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He didn't shag his team mates wife, he shagged the EX girlfriend of a team mate. Why is that so different from an office scenario? Also if it has to involve private lives, is it ok the Rio accidentally (cough) misses a drug test or that Gerrard likes to beat people up in nightclubs, Rooney shags prostitutes, etc, etc.? Let's be fair, if it involves private lives lets chuck them all in the ring.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
It's all irrelevant anyway who is captain. You're just leading a team that is always going to fail with the current playing style/attitudes and media coverage.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
To be fair, JT has great experience in leading and consoling a team that win f*** all abroad.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be fair, you're a Chelsea fan, right? Biased much?

Very enlightening reply... shame you have nothing to actually give to the conversation.

I also agree with that Robbie G, when you play for your national side there should be eleven leaders out there.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
He didn't shag his team mates wife, he shagged the EX girlfriend of a team mate. Why is that so different from an office scenario? Also if it has to involve private lives, is it ok the Rio accidentally (cough) misses a drug test or that Gerrard likes to beat people up in nightclubs, Rooney shags prostitutes, etc, etc.? Let's be fair, if it involves private lives lets chuck them all in the ring.

i dont think ferdinand should have it purely based on the fact he is constantly injured. the three reasons you have given have no bearing or effect on his team mates, which whichever you try and cut it, terrys did

to be honest, im not even sure id have terry in my first choice england eleven. he is getting on a bit now, injuries will start to catch up with him and merely trying had and heading the ball when its next to someones foot should not guarnatee you selection. otherwise the likes of alex revell would be in the england team. having the captaincy however will

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I suppose there is a certain logic in awarding the captainship to the most deeply disgusting individual in a fairly disgusting bunch of individuals. He is leading by example after all.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Too many moralists out here, everyone is obviously an angel and has never cheated on their partner, except JT of course!

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Too many moralists out here, everyone is obviously an angel and has never cheated on their partner, except JT of course!

Fair point, but not everyone is a moaning little hypocrite who spends 90% of the game in the refs face every time he blows his whistle.

Terry is scum, although you can hardly blame him, look at his family.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

well, i can safely say ive never done it with a teams mates ex and mother of his child behind his back. and then gone out of my way to cover it up with a super injunction. i mean, if it wasnt that big a deal, why did terry go out of his way to ensure that it never got out?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's hypocrisy of the highest order I'm sorry. Everyone suddenly has brand spanking new standards because they don't like JT. It is quite frankly bullshit. Most of these overpaid footballers have some kind of past (or present) going on, but obviously nothing like JT... it's all rather patronising bollocks, in my humble opinion.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So - apart from a Chelsea fan - everyone agrees that he's a nasty little c*nt? Jolly good. (So do I, incidentally.)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
So - apart from a Chelsea fan - everyone agrees that he's a nasty little c*nt? Jolly good. (So do I, incidentally.)

i think you have summed that up quite well, sir

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here