Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry Confirmed as England Captain

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
1, It's not certain he ever did anything, I think most of the papers have published apologies and retracted the story
2, I'm fairly certain if I slept with all of my best mate's exs my work wouldn't give a shit

What do you do for a living? I'm fairly sure they would give a shit if your mate (and more importantly he'd be your colleague) was affected by it.

For those working in a corporate , office environment, it is highly likely that you would be trouble.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What do you do for a living? I'm fairly sure they would give a shit if your mate (and more importantly he'd be your colleague) was affected by it.

For those working in a corporate , office environment, it is highly likely that you would be trouble.

What about the story being retracted then?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As said since this comment most papers have retracted their statements and issued apologies, so what you are really basing your hatred on is the fact he parked in a disabled spot. I bet if there was a poll on here how many people have parked in a disabled spot there would be a higher proportion of yes to no. Just go down to your nearest Tesco or any other supermarket and look how many parked in the disabled spaces actually have a disabled badge. The pathetic outburst was to try to regain some sort of respect back from the player (which clearly failed) but would he have had to do that if the papers hadn't printed all their bollocks. So therefore your argument is completely based on the fact he parked on a disabled spot wow big deal.

Parking in a disabled spot, shagging his best mates ex missus whilst married (ask Wayne Bridge if he thinks its true), shagging anything that moves in his Bentley (and none of them have been retracted), upsetting the apple cart at the World Cup, showing people round Stamford bridge for cash, fights in nightclubs and even before we move onto his family who have seem to have had run ins with the law in one way or another. As I said, the disabled spot is arguably trivial but it encapsulates all that is wrong with John Terry perfectly. The world revolves around him.

Face it, he is only 2nd to Ashley Cole in the complete wanker stakes.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
What about the story being retracted then?

These papers have apologised for invading her privacy - who would argue that they didn't do that?

There's no retraction though. She was the one who said that it wasn't true - NOT the papers. The writer of the article wrongly implies that the papers admit the stories are untrue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Parking in a disabled spot, shagging his best mates ex missus whilst married (ask Wayne Bridge if he thinks its true), shagging anything that moves in his Bentley (and none of them have been retracted), upsetting the apple cart at the World Cup, showing people round Stamford bridge for cash, fights in nightclubs and even before we move onto his family who have seem to have had run ins with the law in one way or another. As I said, the disabled spot is arguably trivial but it encapsulates all that is wrong with John Terry perfectly. The world revolves around him.

Face it, he is only 2nd to Ashley Cole in the complete wanker stakes.

Aside from all of these and others my favourite FFS moment was the Terry/Bridge hand-shake moment. He must have known the world's media was to be trained on him...and he had a moment to show a little bit of contrition so what does he do....turns up sporting a fresh mohawk haircut. The guy is a utter utter prick, totally divisive, thick as f***ing pig shit (if not thicker) and above all a very poor leader. All he seemed to do at the World Cup was drive wedges between players and the coaching staff, complain he was bored, complain that one trick pony Joe Cole was not playing and leave acres of space for German players.

Get rid, now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1, It's not certain he ever did anything, I think most of the papers have published apologies and retracted the story
2, I'm fairly certain if I slept with all of my best mate's exs my work wouldn't give a shit

In some respects it is irrelevant if he is actually guilty or not. He attracts negative attention with pretty much everything he does or says and everything gets turned into a huge side-show which is often bigger than the primary event. This thread is a good example. Granted it might not be his fault, maybe the media are to blame...but none the less it happens and is totally detrimental.

You need a leader the team, squad and nation can galvanise behind. Terry offers none of this.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Aside from all of these and others my favourite FFS moment was the Terry/Bridge hand-shake moment. He must have known the world's media was to be trained on him...and he had a moment to show a little bit of contrition so what does he do....turns up sporting a fresh mohawk haircut. The guy is a utter utter prick, totally divisive, thick as f***ing pig shit (if not thicker) and above all a very poor leader. All he seemed to do at the World Cup was drive wedges between players and the coaching staff, complain he was bored, complain that one trick pony Joe Cole was not playing and leave acres of space for German players.

Get rid, now.

I'm sure we could recount examples all day. My biggest FFS about all this is that when Stevie 'Twat the DJ' Gerrard was captain he looked at least half the player he was for Liverpool. When the armband was taken off him against Macedonia he went missing again.

What odds Gerrard once again looks like its all a bit of an effort again on Saturday? Well done Fabio, great man management especially as all Terry did at the WC was try to undermine Gerrard.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
In some respects it is irrelevant if he is actually guilty or not. He attracts negative attention with pretty much everything he does or says and everything gets turned into a huge side-show which is often bigger than the primary event. This thread is a good example. Granted it might not be his fault, maybe the media are to blame...but none the less it happens and is totally detrimental.

You need a leader the team, squad and nation can galvanise behind. Terry offers none of this.

Who does though? I would say Terry is a good team and squad leader, he's shown that with Chelsea. For me Gerrard and Ferdinand haven't.

Terry is undoubtably a massive twat, as are Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney, Cole, and all the altenatives.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who does though? I would say Terry is a good team and squad leader, he's shown that with Chelsea. For me Gerrard and Ferdinand haven't.

Terry is undoubtably a massive twat, as are Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney, Cole, and all the altenatives.

Good team and squad leader? I have seen absolutely no evidence of this for England...only the opposite as I state.

Who would I give it to? I really do not know. And just because I do not have a ready answer it does not mean my thoughts are any less valid.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Good team and squad leader? I have seen absolutely no evidence of this for England...only the opposite as I state.

Who would I give it to? I really do not know. And just because I do not have a ready answer it does not mean my thoughts are any less valid.

It does a bit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
ditto mate , its called banter !

We're all prone to a bit of :fishing:.

And for the record although I despise Terry, he is the best man for the job, on the pitch, in my opinion.

Apart from Gerrard of course :D

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Terry, should be long gone, along with the rest of his spoiled and egomaniac mates who stunk up South Africa so disgracefully.

Wouldn't it be great to go back to the days when we could actually list a couple of members of the England team we actually liked.

Ignoring the possible illegal and immoral things Terry may or may not have done and bearing in mind that his current club teammates think it's ok to wander around with weapons, he's not terribly fit (or young) himself, if he makes it to the next tournament it will be amazing, he's not the most agile or mobile of players.

There's not many players who really p*ss me off, not even Ashley Cole annoys me as much as Terry tho, and it's not that old "you'd like him if he played for your team". He does play for my team, England and I wish he bloody didn't. We really can't start getting our next CD pairing in place, for when the current old codgers retire? Why do we have to endue his utter stupidity time and time again. Yes he's determined, but so are people who mug you. Doesn't mean they add anything to society.

I'd have a year ban for England players after confirmed misdemeanours and do the right thing instead of the thing it takes "to win". We're never gonna win anything of note anyway, so let's be actually nice and civilised and maybe then, when all the arrogant buffons have been kicked out and we all stop expecting to win things every two years, we might, just might get a little more respect from other footballing nations.

People like John Terry are the reason we're seen as a backwards one dimensional arrogant and vain nation.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I've been reading all the stuff about Terry in the papers, and realised just how much I hate that twat, and all the other clowns playing for England. I just wish we had a manager strong enough to drop them all, but whenever one of them gets the boot the media get on the manager's back. I really thought terry had been shit enough for long enough, and jagielka good enough over the same period that it was the end of Terry. Apparently not.

I am at least heartened by the fact that nearly everyone else agrees with me, having read this thread for the first time.

I think I'm going to support wales on saturday, we need to hasten the departure of all these imbeciles somehow.

and yet its Lampard who seems to get booed the most :shrug:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've been reading all the stuff about Terry in the papers, and realised just how much I hate that twat, and all the other clowns playing for England. I just wish we had a manager strong enough to drop them all, but whenever one of them gets the boot the media get on the manager's back. I really thought terry had been shit enough for long enough, and jagielka good enough over the same period that it was the end of Terry. Apparently not.

I am at least heartened by the fact that nearly everyone else agrees with me, having read this thread for the first time.

I think I'm going to support wales on saturday, we need to hasten the departure of all these imbeciles somehow.

and yet its Lampard who seems to get booed the most :shrug:

The Grauniad do a vote every day to do with various sporting questions. Yesterdays question was "Is John Terry your cup of tea ?" to nick his phrase. The result printed today way 86% "NO". I'm surprised it wasn't higher.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
The Grauniad do a vote every day to do with various sporting questions. Yesterdays question was "Is John Terry your cup of tea ?" to nick his phrase. The result printed today way 86% "NO". I'm surprised it wasn't higher.

He's probably shagging the other 14%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here