Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry Confirmed as England Captain

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Capello gets more and more embarassing with every passing day.

My 4 year old has better communication skills than him.

Its almost as if he wants the sack.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you wanted absolute confirmation that the whole England set up is a total f***ing shambles here it is.

Why do so many goons put up with it?

6 million a year for a boss who seems worse than his predecessors and bereft of fresh ideas and a team of total and utter wankers. Brilliant.

On the subject of the bosses salary, it has never been fully explained to me why the FA had to seemingly pull out all the financial stops to get him. Who were they competing against?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im glad to see so many coming around to my way of thinking, the man is a football dinosaur, I would have got rid before the World Cup, however how he survived after really in unbelievable !

Ive said it for ages the man is an utter clown

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why do we pay the most AND offer the longest contracts?

I would retire most of the likes of Terry et al anyway. In fact, if it were me in charge of them, Terry would be banished from the team. I'm not sure our other national sides would accept his sort of behaviour (over the years).

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
no one should be permanent anything. Even the concept is totally wrong. This is not the cricket team.

I am sick to the back teeth of these wankers ruining the national side.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Since the world cup I have taken absolutely no interest in our national side and not watched a single game. Just hearing this latest bit of news just reinforces that decision. Our side is managed by an out of toucb Italian and is made up of thick lumps like Rooney, John 'lock up your wives' Terry and rifleman Cole. How did we get here?

Its enough to make you switch off and thats before the ridiculous media circus, multi million pound management contracts and inevitable disappointment and disgust at everything surrounding it.

Our national team is a joke and with 'arry' looking like the next solution the circus has a few years to run yet

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Total bullshit & Capello is a spineless tool for not even having the balls to have a face to face conversation with Rio & explaining his decision.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
shit decision, terrys a ****, capellos lost the plot, game over, 'arry in!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Total bullshit & Capello is a spineless tool for not even having the balls to have a face to face conversation with Rio & explaining his decision.

really? they said on the radio that Ferdinand avoided a meeting with him.

which is backed up in the newspapers. it seems Ferdinand having read the media speculation on the issue decided to snub Capello - take his ball home, talk of him questioning if he'll play for Capello at all. interesting contrast to Terry, who when accused (as i recall, both parties deny the dalliance even occured) and stripped of th captaincy, just accepted it and got on with it.

i know who is the better leader, which personalities aside is the purpose of the position.

Last edited:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Im glad to see so many coming around to my way of thinking, the man is a football dinosaur, I would have got rid before the World Cup, however how he survived after really in unbelievable !

Ive said it for ages the man is an utter clown

You would have got rid of someone who seemingly had a great record and only lost 1 qualifier after we had already qualified?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
What summed Terry up for me is when he spoke out in the press conference during the World Cup saying that he had organised a team meeting and saying that Capello should be playing J Cole. A lot of good that done us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not bothered about anyone's private life, it's on pitch I care about (not what the Sun want to make up a lot of the time) so yeh always liked JT and think he's a good leader and Capt.

Can't see enough young talent coming through the England ranks though and am predicting a bleak future.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As sheebo says, worry about the captain and player and not the bloke in his private life. Great player, great captain who inspires players and the kind of person you want on your side on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here