Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Stephenson leaves the Albion

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I heard it was because he couldn't get out the car park on Tuesday evening and didn't get home til after 1am. That, Coupled with no hophead, having a cold pie in lieu of Thai curry and having his perfume taken off him on entering the stadium was the final straw.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Something not right here and please NO to Dennis Wise.................NO NO NO NO NO NO NO THANK YOU

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seems strange, I wonder where he lived because if it was near to Watford surely that was within commuting distance to Brighton. Youngsters joining the academy must live within 90 mins travelling and wouldn't have thought that Watford was much more than 90 mins drive at the right time of day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems strange, I wonder where he lived because if it was near to Watford surely that was within commuting distance to Brighton. Youngsters joining the academy must live within 90 mins travelling and wouldn't have thought that Watford was much more than 90 mins drive at the right time of day.

Being unable to settle in Brighton does not really fit with living near Watford does it?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Didn't we have to wait 6 months for his notice before he joined. I am sure he could have worked from home a couple of days a week. Can't see that he would be negotiating with the players 24/7.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is becoming a slightly strange list of departures of late.

Is Gus not happy with some of his backroom staff, and being allowed to re-shuffle a bit?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Being unable to settle in Brighton does not really fit with living near Watford does it?
I took that to mean he couldnt settle in Brighton as living in Brighton either with or without his family and suggested that he could live in Watford, if indeed he did, and drive to Brighton to work. There must be many who do it the other way around.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I think the point being that if he didn't like living in Brighton the commute from the Watford area was hardly that much. I don't believe the "couldn't settle" argument for a minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here