Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Stephenson leaves the Albion

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Why is everyone talking about 6 games?!?

It was a 6 point system meaning the player had to fit 6 criteria. Nothing to do with games!!

Two sentences from Laughing Bluebird's article below :

Stephenson had implemented a complicated but effective six-stage recruitment policy that fully utilised the club’s scouting network.

The scouts would watch a potential signing a minimum of six times before the club’s chief scout or assistant manager got involved in the recruitment process.

So yes, it is a six part system, but one part of that involves watching a player a minimum of six times. That's where this six games thing has come from.

NB. The article refers to Stephenson's time at Watford.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well it was rumoured that Poyet wasn't happy with his appointment, i put it down as bullshit at the time but now.... maybe!

I was one of the posters who heard this back at xmas, according to my source there was many run in's they were never going to work together.

Ps. i don't do bullshit about the club on here just 100% fact. But i can understand that with some of the shit that get's spread on here i'm suprised if anyone believes anyone!:smile:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Why was he axed ?

Good question. And Steve Brown too.

Did Poyet axe them, and Stevenson didn't agree and so he walked, having realised that between Poyet and himself there will only be one winner?

It could just be that Poyet is fed up with how long it is taking to bring in new players.

He said he wanted 3 or 4 more before we went to Portugal - our squad is very small.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Good question. And Steve Brown too.

Did Poyet axe them, and Stevenson didn't agree and so he walked, having realised that between Poyet and himself there will only be one winner?

It could just be that Poyet is fed up with how long it is taking to bring in new players.

He said he wanted 3 or 4 more before we went to Portugal - our squad is very small.

One or two suspensions or injuries will ruin us, which is why Gus said he wanted 3 or 4 more players.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Watching six times means BHA will never sign a single player during the close season.
Maybe he left because of inactivity on his part and GP wamted actione.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Watching six times means BHA will never sign a single player during the close season.
Maybe he left because of inactivity on his part and GP wamted actione.
No it wouldn't, because potential targets are scouted through the season and signed in the summer or Janurary. You don't start looking when the transfer window opens.
I have no idea what's gone on but I doubt it's to do with players not signing because we need to see them more times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here