Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel ward

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The jewels which managed to get you......17th in the league :wozza:

Crenol

Jan 22, 2012
Surely he can't be as good as Clyne though?

Clyne was the best right back in the league last season and it was brilliant to have him. However, full back is a position that you really don't need star players in. Having a good player come in as a replacement is all that is needed and we seem to have achieved that.

Clyne was the best right back in the league last season and it was brilliant to have him. However, full back is a position that you really don't need star players in. Having a good player come in as a replacement is all that is needed and we seem to have achieved that.

Who told you that ! He was appalling along with that other clown Jonathon P:jester:rr. The Football League show was more like the Comedy Awards with those pair of tossers as full backs. :tosser:

Crenol

Jan 22, 2012
Who told you that ! He was appalling along with that other clown Jonathon P:jester:rr. The Football League show was more like the Comedy Awards with those pair of tossers as full backs. :tosser:

You're obviously on a wind up. I think most of your fans would agree that he was the best right back.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
You're obviously on a wind up. I think most of your fans would agree that he was the best right back.

Not sure about the best, as I didn't see him enough to judge, but agree he's definitely up there.

It wasn't in defence you struggled last year though, is Freedman actually going to change tactics and attack a bit more? Or will that depend on which strikers you sign?

Without the luxury of a sugar daddy, clubs like us like to bring the kids through quicker.Thats why our academy is one of the best in the country, kids know they will get a better chance of 1st team football.

Name me a player who your academy has produced who you think entitles it to be ranked as "one of the best in the country" - please don't insult us by naming players who are in your current side whose best finish in the last 3 seasons has been 17th in the Championship and who may or may not be sold on.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Best right back, best keeper, best holding midfielder, best right winger, best young centre midfielder = 17th. The others must have been bloody awful!

Best right back, best keeper, best holding midfielder, best right winger, best young centre midfielder = 17th. The others must have been bloody awful!

Apparently Parr :ffsparr: was their Player of The Year :shootself

Crenol

Jan 22, 2012

We had very little depth and a lot of the first team got injured around the same time. Also, the best young centre midfielder missed half the year with a broken leg, and young is the important word there, he isn't the best midfielder in the league. Moreover, most of our best players are defensive. That is why we finished 17th. I think 13th or 14th would be more representative of how we did last year but an awful end plagued with injuries meant we slipped.

We had very little depth and a lot of the first team got injured around the same time. Also, the best young centre midfielder missed half the year with a broken leg, and young is the important word there, he isn't the best midfielder in the league. Moreover, most of our best players are defensive. That is why we finished 17th. I think 13th or 14th would be more representative of how we did last year but an awful end plagued with injuries meant we slipped.

Yeah and if your Uncle had tits you would have been in the playoffs :lolol:

Crenol

Jan 22, 2012
Yeah and if your Uncle had tits you would have been in the playoffs :lolol:

Unlike you, I'm trying to have a realistic discussion. I said 17th was slightly lower than I felt our performances deserved. Next season I hope we will be in the top 10. Back to the original point though, it is good that we have signed a good right back to replace Clyne.

Jan 12, 2012
Name me a player who your academy has produced who you think entitles it to be ranked as "one of the best in the country" - please don't insult us by naming players who are in your current side whose best finish in the last 3 seasons has been 17th in the Championship and who may or may not be sold

You would love an academy like ours, big Tone will stump up the money for your one, but it will be a few years before it would bear any fruit, so in the meantime, keep buying those CMS types :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here