Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel ward

Jul 20, 2003
Saw a great quote from a Leeds fan (who was annoyed at ward choosing palace over them) "why would he want to go to palace? Selhurst park has so little atmosphere they use it to train astronauts!" :)

that said, last time I was at Elland Road it appeared their fans idea of 'atmosphere' was singing songs about kids dying in a plane cash over 50 years ago

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Maybe he signed for palace because nobody would offer a four year deal like them,it seems that palace get players by offering silly long contracts.

The lad averages 20 games a season so that's two possible catches:)

Palace shopping in League One again - I'm amazed that Bournemouth haven't got anyone to interest them or are they still sulking about the Cherries knocking them back last season ? :tosser:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Palace shopping in League One again - I'm amazed that Bournemouth haven't got anyone to interest them or are they still sulking about the Cherries knocking them back last season ? :tosser:

That's right, Palace are shopping in League One again. Just like Blackpool, Ipswich and Leeds - the teams we beat to sign Joel Ward.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Don't flatter yourself as he was never goner move up north,who would turn down a 4 year contract in the south?

He went and spoke to all of those clubs. Location was a big part I'm sure, but he wouldn't have signed a 4 year contract on location alone. It was a footballing decision.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I still get a nasty feeling about teams like Palace spending cash when they've f**ked over so many businesses etc. Hey ho.

Don't worry, the current owners are billionaires, they're going to get £2m for Clyne and God knows how much for Zaha, they'll surely have paid the club's debts off?

Another great young player on a 4 year deal, thats around 5 of our youngsters on long deals now, maybe you should try it.

When I saw him last season he was shite - so was the team he played for. So I expect no change for him this season.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Leeds supporting colleague in the office here says he's upset about missing out, but understands the only reason he chose Palace is the uncertainty surrounding Leeds (with the takeover talks); he was about to sign on the line at Elland Road otherwise. No idea how much truth there is in that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here