Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman signs from Ajax in a 3-year deal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That makes a difference to when their contract ends?

No, but quite a serious difference when Bissouma cost £15,000,000 and has a value of twice that.
While Veltman cost £900,000 and has a value of less than a random 17 year old Paraguayan starlet.

It really is absolutely impossible to converse with you - I'm out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's normally clubs that get relegated from the EPL that get asset-stripped, not clubs that finish 9th in the table. What gives? ???

Bloom's about to sell up, he's just taking some cash with him

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's normally clubs that get relegated from the EPL that get asset-stripped, not clubs that finish 9th in the table. What gives? ???

We are a threat too the top six, we proved last season we can beat anyone on our day and comfortably as well.
They do not want another Leicester wining the league again, anyhow that is how I am looking at it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Maybe we’re being whooshed but on what possible basis are Albion being “asset stripped” ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are we giving Graham Potter any credit for big clubs wanting half our team? As long as he’s happy to stay he’ll be given the tools to carry on polishing rough diamonds. Going to be very interesting to see just how good any players we sell are at their new clubs, and how new players brought in or promoted to the first team squad do.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We are a threat too the top six, we proved last season we can beat anyone on our day and comfortably as well.
They do not want another Leicester wining the league again, anyhow that is how I am looking at it.
Worrying as we aren’t linked with anyone really apart from random teens from clubs we’ve never heard of.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, but quite a serious difference when Bissouma cost £15,000,000 and has a value of twice that.
While Veltman cost £900,000 and has a value of less than a random 17 year old Paraguayan starlet.

It really is absolutely impossible to converse with you - I'm out.
Sorry - didn't realise you conversed. :wave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In their title winning season Leicester lost 3 and drew 12 games.
The won the league with 81 points.
Amazingly finishing 10 points clear.

Last season they would have finished 3rd 11 points from the runners up spot.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We've sold one key player this summer. One. The rest is mostly noise. That's a by product of having a decent squad .
As for the contractual stuff. Nearly all of it is done, or there are options. (Trossard, Welbeck, Veltman) or we're presumably relaxed (Duffy, Maupay, Lallana) or i imagine is being sorted (MacAllister)
just like any other club who have players at varying stages of their contracts. All this lights out stuff or "its a disaster if we sell 2 players for £90m" stuff is perhaps a bit premature.

I’m fine with the direction of the club at every level. “…. lights out” was just a quip with a :lolol:

I’m well versed, unlike some, in NOT getting a boner every time Fabrizio Romano or Football Insider publish zzzzzzz noise.

Regarding:
Veltman - I hope he’s with us for many seasons to come. My favourite Albion player, what a man-god :lolol:
Cucurella - he’s transformed our left flank. But £60m and a quality LB/LWB signing will be just the medicine.

I actually take all the alleged interest in our players as a huge compliment to Bloom, Winstanley and Potter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m fine with the direction of the club at every level. “…. lights out” was just a quip with a :lolol:

I’m well versed, unlike some, in NOT getting a boner every time Fabrizio Romano or Football Insider publish zzzzzzz noise.

Regarding:
Veltman - I hope he’s with us for many seasons to come. My favourite Albion player, what a man-god :lolol:
Cucurella - he’s transformed our left flank. But £60m and a quality LB/LWB signing will be just the medicine.

I actually take all the alleged interest in our players as a huge compliment to Bloom, Winstanley and Potter.

Inexplicably fans need something to lose their shite about, on a daily basis - even in June!
I have no idea how they cope in the real world, where issues actually in their control are happening all around them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Inexplicably fans need something to lose their shite about, on a daily basis - even in June!
I have no idea how they cope in the real world, where issues actually in their control are happening all around them.

I thought I might give myself a bit of a nsc break this summer, but all this transfer gossip had lured me in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought I might give myself a bit of a nsc break this summer, but all this transfer gossip had lured me in.

Best part of the year.

Take a break around the Villa games - you won't miss much on here!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We've sold one key player this summer. One. The rest is mostly noise. That's a by product of having a decent squad .
As for the contractual stuff. Nearly all of it is done, or there are options. (Trossard, Welbeck, Veltman) or we're presumably relaxed (Duffy, Maupay, Lallana) or i imagine is being sorted (MacAllister)
just like any other club who have players at varying stages of their contracts. All this lights out stuff or "its a disaster if we sell 2 players for £90m" stuff is perhaps a bit premature.

Methinks you've misunderstood: ire oh knee

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If I remember rightly we were interested in him well before he arrived but had an agreement with Ajax that we'd wait for a season, hence why they allowed him to go for the small fee.

Just don't see anything happening here at all.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Are we giving Graham Potter any credit for big clubs wanting half our team? As long as he’s happy to stay he’ll be given the tools to carry on polishing rough diamonds. Going to be very interesting to see just how good any players we sell are at their new clubs, and how new players brought in or promoted to the first team squad do.

Of course Potter should be given credit for developing players. I wouldn’t though want to go down the Leeds Bielsa delusion route that their talents instantly turn to dust once they leave the club.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Of course Potter should be given credit for developing players. I wouldn’t though want to go down the Leeds Bielsa delusion route that their talents instantly turn to dust once they leave the club.

You're right but often players never reproduce their form when they move on. Sometimes clubs and managers just click with players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here