Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman signs from Ajax in a 3-year deal

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My MOTM today and consistently my favourite player, although Caicedo looks very special indeed. Well done Joel.

When is his contract up? He's irreplaceable for us right now

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
This. He had an incredible game today. Kept Antonio pretty much out the game (I know he scored) but his reading of the game is incredible. My MotM today too

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone checked in with Dwaynes Ajax supporting mates yet ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
20+ caps for Holland, Champions League experience.....would hope so.....

Imagine this conversation 10 years ago.

"Albion have signed a 28yo Dutch international from Ajax."

"Yeah, not sure where he's going to fit in though."

:O

Good deal but not a great player !!

Very poor at Ajax recently , lots of mistakes in him. Another Montoya.

Read twitter and you will see Ajax fans pretty happy for him to go.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

[MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] - Anyone checked in with Dwaynes Ajax supporting mates yet ?

Contrasting initial assessments in summer 2020.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Many would have (and did) put Joel down as our 5th choice centre back earlier in the season.

What a storming season he's had.

Hope we get at least a couple more seasons out of him

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So, this probably doesn't warrant its own thread with a poll, but you know those pictures that come up at the start and when someone scores when they're doing something with a Premier League football or a sign to the camera or something? Does anyone else agree with me that his "spinning ball" segment should be replaced with the moment he released the seagull onto his private beach while wearing a protective oven glove?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
So, this probably doesn't warrant its own thread with a poll, but you know those pictures that come up at the start and when someone scores when they're doing something with a Premier League football or a sign to the camera or something? Does anyone else agree with me that his "spinning ball" segment should be replaced with the moment he released the seagull onto his private beach while wearing a protective oven glove?

Something like this?

Attachments

• Cat.jpg
    Cat.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 251

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think he has been a brilliant buy.
I don't think anyone would have predicted quite how many games he would end up playing over the past few seasons, but I can't actually recall him having a bad game.

Well, I for one, certainly did.

I knew he'd be a fantastic signing, and posted to that effect here many times. I actually thought he'd been brought in the be the new captain (and assumed that Dunk was leaving).

He would be an absolutely fantastic captain, by the way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only the club did a showreel of Veltman being a total shitehouse...

[tweet]1539648659024883714[/tweet]

... Granted it would be twice a long.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Recently read some interview with him in Dutch media where he ruled out ever moving back to Ajax and said he might extend with Brighton... would be nice though still 1+1 year left on his contract.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm sure the message we got from Ajax fans when he signed for us was, 'Good player, but always had one critical mistake per game in him' - fortunately for us, he seems to have eradicated that from his game. Seems to get better every season.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm sure the message we got from Ajax fans when he signed for us was, 'Good player, but always had one critical mistake per game in him' - fortunately for us, he seems to have eradicated that from his game. Seems to get better every season.

Indeed, doesn't put a foot wrong, but maybe is able to play within his abilities in our side, and maybe had to play on the edge of his abilities for Ajax?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here