Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's not a cock though is he.
As much as I didn't want him to, his reasons for leaving were fair.

Yes I can confirm that in my opinion he is a cock and I have varous reasons for this point of you - 1 being him in the Sportsman getting cash out the machine about 1 hr before KO in a game he STARTED a few yrs back - lack of respect there... and other things i know i do not wish to discus on here

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
Yes I can confirm that in my opinion he is a cock and I have varous reasons for this point of you - 1 being him in the Sportsman getting cash out the machine about 1 hr before KO in a game he STARTED a few yrs back - lack of respect there... and other things i know i do not wish to discus on here

Probably getting his match fees out Sheebo !

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
What about his reasons for leaving? Do you know them?

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
I would agree with your assesment as McNulty is a better left back now and Tunnicliffe is potentially a better centre back.

I agree about McNulty. But why is Tunnicliffe potentially better? He is in the exact same position as Lynch was two years ago, except with a little less ability. He makes just as many mistakes as Elphick, Virgo and Lynch make.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
I agree about McNulty. But why is Tunnicliffe potentially better? /
Better in the air, better passing, less prone to lapses of concentration, more of an attacking threat at set pieces.

Lynch was quite good at dribbling out with it, though.

We obviously are thinking of two different players :laugh:
Tunnicliffe is one of those tall defenders that people presume win a lot of headers because of their height but he doesn't. Watch him closely next game and you will see that.
Better passing? From what I have seen so far his passing has not been good. More of a threat at set pieces? Of the two centre backs, Elphick is the one who gets himself into the threatening positions at corners. I think Tunnicliffes only goal is at Norwich and that was following a ricochet in the box which ended in a toe poke. He is NOT a threat in the air.

I will not argue about Lynch's lapses of concentration and attacking threat because as I have said before, I am not a massive Lynch fan. Just seems to me that Tunnicliffe is being a little over rated.

I also bet you that if Virgo stays and we don't sign another centre back, Virgo Elphick will be the first choice centre back partnership by the end of the season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Excellent centre half, but a bit limited as a left back.

He has been very much missed at our place. His last season with us, we were 7th and looked to have the most promising centre half pairing in the division .... and since he left, we've been gash at the back, and Elphicks lack of pace has been getting gruely exposed.

Some people on here got all precious when he demnded a transfer, but I think it was fair enough on his part. Adams had come in and lined up a couple of slow clogging centre halves ahead of him in the pecking order, who seemed to get games even when clearly unfit, rather than Joel. Some players and managers aren't going to get on and that is the only reason we lost him.

Sorry,but exactly how often do you think Elphick and Lynch were the centre half pairing that season. Possibly 5/6 times at max.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Elphick is more dominant in the air then Tunnicliffe, you can thank Adams for Joel's attitude anyone would be disillusioned for being replaced by an inferior player in Hawkins.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree about McNulty. But why is Tunnicliffe potentially better? /

We obviously are thinking of two different players :laugh:
Tunnicliffe is one of those tall defenders that people presume win a lot of headers because of their height but he doesn't. Watch him closely next game and you will see that.
Better passing? From what I have seen so far his passing has not been good. More of a threat at set pieces? Of the two centre backs, Elphick is the one who gets himself into the threatening positions at corners. I think Tunnicliffes only goal is at Norwich and that was following a ricochet in the box which ended in a toe poke. He is NOT a threat in the air.

He wins his share, and he rarely gives the ball away - something Lynch often did [and Elphick continues to do].

We'll ignore the one from a corner that Tunnicliffe scored at Bristol Rovers then?

I thought he was alright (as a person), I got talking to him a few years back out clubbing. He was off his nut and my non-Albion supporting friend who had no idea who he was asked who he supported, Lynch replied Brighton but I hate that Joel Lynch, he's absolute shit and such a **** :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tunnicliffe's major fault, as I see it, is that he allows the ball to drop too often thus giving the opponent the opportunity to get the ball. Other than that I think he is learning fast and will eventually become a very good central defender for us. Until then I think that we will have to perservere with Elphick and Virgo. I prefer them to El Abd at central defender, with AE playing just in front of the back four or as right back, if the new spanish player is not ready for the first team yet.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Tunnicliffe's major fault, as I see it, is that he allows the ball to drop too often thus giving the opponent the opportunity to get the ball. Other than that I think he is learning fast and will eventually become a very good central defender for us. Until then I think that we will have to perservere with Elphick and Virgo. I prefer them to El Abd at central defender, with AE playing just in front of the back four or as right back, if the new spanish player is not ready for the first team yet.

Completely as I see it :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What about his reasons for leaving? Do you know them?

Look i'm not getting in a 'I know more than you' bollox - u obviously know him and yes he may be alruigh but i just think h's aknob from stuff i've been told (nothing to do wth actual football). Plus, we all know he handed in a transfer request after 2 games of the season cos he wasn't picked by adams which is quite frankly a joke and obviously sulking attitude rather than if i work hard i'll get back in attitude. Yes, im sure he's told you other resons, some which may even be true, but losing his place in the team was clearly a reason that upset him and made him want to leave - it's the wrong attitude - esp as he's a local lad...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here