Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Over rated in his own head. The way he plays seems to ouze class but is too prone to the odd misjudgement which, as we all know, is costly when your a defender.

He's not the first choice left back at Forest and the fact they are contemplating letting him go on loan suggests they don't see a future for him there. Our current central defence is not watertight but it wouldn't be improved with Lynch there.

Sums him up very well

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Over rated in his own head. The way he plays seems to ouze class but is too prone to the odd misjudgement which, as we all know, is costly when your a defender.

He's not the first choice left back at Forest and the fact they are contemplating letting him go on loan suggests they don't see a future for him there. Our current central defence is not watertight but it wouldn't be improved with Lynch there.

Agree with this and on the original question, he is a centre back by trade who has ended up getting most of his first team experience at left back due to the way the opportunities fell to him for first team duty.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good player. Absolute big headed COCK tho

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Can only hope this doesn't happen, Lynch playing against us for Huddersfield at Withdean would be a nightmare.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Excellent player...Should never have been allowed to leave despite what some would say on here as our defence hasn't been the same since he left!
Agree

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Excellent centre half, but a bit limited as a left back.

He has been very much missed at our place. His last season with us, we were 7th and looked to have the most promising centre half pairing in the division .... and since he left, we've been gash at the back, and Elphicks lack of pace has been getting gruely exposed.

Some people on here got all precious when he demnded a transfer, but I think it was fair enough on his part. Adams had come in and lined up a couple of slow clogging centre halves ahead of him in the pecking order, who seemed to get games even when clearly unfit, rather than Joel. Some players and managers aren't going to get on and that is the only reason we lost him.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield

I think Nicky Shorey is currently occupying the left back spot at Forest.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can only hope this doesn't happen, Lynch playing against us for Huddersfield at Withdean would be a nightmare.

Are you INSANE?

Elliott Bennett running at a terrified Joel Lynch sounds BRILLIANT!

Lynch has plenty of potential at centre half, if he's sorted out his concentration, but at left back he is awful.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
3rd choice left back at Forest.......still think his best position is in the centre of defence. Likes to play football on the ground. Had reasonable positional sense when in the middle and quickish but can be turned at fullback and tends to be caught out of position too easily.
Most of his problems are in his head. Thinks of himself as the next Rio Ferdinand maybe? Not that good by a long way but he has the potential to be very useful indeed.
Wish we still had him here

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Yep, Nicky Shorey is playing left back and they have to immense CB in Wilson and Morgan - both destined for the Premiership (with or without Forest).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Are you INSANE?

Elliott Bennett running at a terrified Joel Lynch sounds BRILLIANT!

Lynch has plenty of potential at centre half, if he's sorted out his concentration, but at left back he is awful.

spandau.jpg

I know this much is TRUE.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Yep, Nicky Shorey is playing left back and they have to immense CB in Wilson and Morgan - both destined for the Premiership (with or without Forest).
Exactly. Yes Joel isn't currently starting for Forest but Forest are on a surge to the premiership.
He is not a premiership standard player yet but is certainly good enough for championship/top end of league one.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Must disagree no better than we already have in either position. He cost us loads of goals with his mistakes.

Now I am not a huge Lynch fan but there is no doubt he is better than what we currently have. Lets not forget that when he was here he was only 20 years old..
22 years old and already has 35 games under his belt in the championship.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was ILL for the game against Mansfield, as were half the team. Still a RUBBISH left-back, though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now I am not a huge Lynch fan but there is no doubt he is better than what we currently have. Lets not forget that when he was here he was only 20 years old..
22 years old and already has 35 games under his belt in the championship.

I can't comment on the Joel Lynch of NOW, as I've not seen him play for 18 months. The Joel Lynch that left, however wasn't all that. The left back, and left-sided CB spots are currently filled by McNulty and Tunnicliffe. Both better players imo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can't comment on the Joel Lynch of NOW, as I've not seen him play for 18 months. The Joel Lynch that left, however wasn't all that. The left back, and left-sided CB spots are currently filled by McNulty and Tunnicliffe. Both better players imo.

I would agree with your assesment as McNulty is a better left back now and Tunnicliffe is potentially a better centre back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here