Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch - What does this mean for him?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Chaps,

Obviously Lynch is at Forest untill the end of season, given the fact that he is not cutting the mustard their at the moment would you be happy to see him back at the Albion for next season? I guess he will have to do a lot to earn the respect back which he had lost with his somewhat childish behaviour with the transfer request.

Stumpy Tim

It depends on whether any club will bid for him. I imagine that a bid of over 500k would be taken and hopefully reinvested for the new manager.

If that doesn't happen I expect him to be in the first XI on his return

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'll be seeing him soon, so I'll try and get some info out of him to whether under a new manager he is willing to come back or whether he still wants to not play for Brighton anymore.

And, I would LOVE him back here.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
For sure I would have him back at the Albion. It does mean that we will have to offload some of the centre backs come next season.
We have an awful lot of centre backs:

Virgo
Hawkins
Elphick
Lynch
El-Abd
Hinshelwood

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Be good if it could be fresh start for everyone. Maybe he'll realise the grass is not necessarily greener and get his head down, maybe the new manager will realise he is not worse than Hawkins. :lol:

Yoof Lad

Feb 22, 2009
I can only assume you lads are joking a Lynch is f***ing shocking. Wouldn't want him anywhere near this precious club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A lot of managers would bring back all players out on loan just to see what they have. Last chance for Jake even?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I don't see any reason why Joel wouldn't come back because he fell out with Micky for various reasons, so with another manager who has faith in him, I don't see why he won't come back.

Yoof Lad

Feb 22, 2009
WTF mate don't be calling me that. It's called having an opinion. He's shite, we both know it. I WOULD have Hawkins over him.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
WTF mate don't be calling me that. It's called having an opinion. He's shite, we both know it. I WOULD have Hawkins over him.

Okay I respect your opinion. But seriously why would you have Hawkins over him ???, him and Elphick last season were immense.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'll be seeing him soon, so I'll try and get some info out of him to whether under a new manager he is willing to come back or whether he still wants to not play for Brighton anymore.

Get it right - it's not his decision. He made his position clear and now BHA decide if they want him back or if he gets sold on or left on the bench.

What are we, some kind of a charity organization for petulant bucks?

A) Lynch is just not good enough. A liability as a defender.
B) His professional attitude is poor. When dropped for A), he threw wobblies and still didn't make the grade for the team.

Would any one of you forgive Sutton for refusing to play for the England 'B' team, when selection ALONE is an honour most dream about? Was Sutton even good enough? (NO!) Didn't he care more for England to fit into his own agendas, than the shirt?
Well then, apply those same regards for your country, to the ones you require for your own football team, and you won't go too far wrong with your thinking.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What are we, some kind of a charity organization for petulant bucks?

A) Lynch is just not good enough. A liability as a defender.
B) His professional attitude is poor. When dropped for A), he threw wobblies and still didn't make the grade for the team.

Would any one of you forgive Sutton for refusing to play for the England 'B' team, when selection ALONE is an honour most dream about? Was Sutton even good enough? (NO!)
Well then, apply those same regards for your country, to the ones you require for your own football team, and you won't go too far wrong with your thinking.
A) Not often you talk out of your arse but this time darling you have big time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here