Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch - What does this mean for him?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you compare Lynch and Hawk side by side , I know who I would pick. If Forest get relegated they wont fork out decent money for Lynch and he will come back. A new manager might give him a second chance which poses the question of what will happen to Hawkins and Hinsh.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The fact that he refused to play for the team who pay his wages will do for me thanks. I'm no Adams fan but I doubt he was a liar.
I think we were spun a line. Adams probably wasn't lying but I don't think we know the full story.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think tht Lynch is anywhere near as good as some on here make him out to be and apparently he thinks he is. If he come back and knuckles down all is good if not we will survive without him.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don't want him back, hopefully Forest will take him off our hands for around £250k. Is he even playing up there anymore?

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
The bottom line is that if the new manager wants him back in the summer and wants him to play then that is what will happen whether we like it or not.

This is not Football Manager, this is real life and what we think counts for nothing.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
For sure I would have him back at the Albion. It does mean that we will have to offload some of the centre backs come next season.
We have an awful lot of centre backs:

Virgo
Hawkins
Elphick
Lynch
El-Abd
Hinshelwood

I would let Hawkins go, Virgo use as a squad player and Hinslewood if he can keep injury free to the end of the season, I would keep him as back up to Elphick and and Lynch.

El-Abd I would also keep if budget allows when we need a midfield player man marked and as cover for across the back four.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Get it right - it's not his decision. He made his position clear and now BHA decide if they want him back or if he gets sold on or left on the bench.

It's a combo, really, isn't it? BHA may want him back, but if he doesn't want to play they can't exactly force him. Conversely, if he wants back and BHA don't want him, he can't force them to play him.

So it is a decision that relies on both the player and the club wanting the same thing.

The door should be open to Joel and we should look to play him with Elphick next season. Hawkins is a donkey, Hinsh is injury prone and El Abd is inconsistent. Virgo can be his back up or cover for Whing

How about this outstanding idea - why not get rid of Lynch for a few bob (or nowt if it was an alternative to paying him wages) and get in someone else altogether?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It amazes me how quickly have forgotten last season. Elphick and Lynch put in some superb performances at the heart of our defence. To say that Lynch is a crap player is just plain wrong

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we were spun a line. Adams probably wasn't lying but I don't think we know the full story.

So give me a scenario where the quoted "not wanting to play for the club/ not in the right frame of mind" is either not true or justified.

Please don't suggest Adams wanted him to be a striker in the game or that Lynch had mental problems that sorted themselves once he arrived in Nottingham :lol:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It amazes me how quickly have forgotten last season. Elphick and Lynch put in some superb performances at the heart of our defence. To say that Lynch is a crap player is just plain wrong

Exactly, it's a classic NSC disease unfortunately - anyone who leaves the club (see Henderson, W, Hammond, D, O'Callaghan, G) was automatically SHIT and most probably the worst player in the history of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here