Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch - What does this mean for him?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was no Micky fan but Lynch behaved as if he was bigger than the club, I hope he doesn't even get the offer to wear the stripes again..get shot, he is apparently trouble and thought of as a bit of a twat by the rest of the team anyway. How any Albion fan can want someone who REFUSED to play for the 1st team back is beyond me.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Then I'll suggest that your allegiance to Lynch, is greater than his allegiance to your team :ascarf: - ergo also you as a fan. Have you considered proposing to Mr Lynch?

:love:

Sometimes managers get it all wrong and Adams certainly did with Lynch by bringing in Hawkins.Not only that Lynch never got a proper look in under Adams with either Virgo or Hawkins playing in defence.For some reason he just didn't want to play Lynch.Sorry pal but Lynch is far better then most of our defenders and could easily do a job in league 1 alongside Elphick as the number 1 pairing.
Hopefully Lynch will make you eat your words when he shines under a new manager.I'll be more then happy to bounce this thread in the future for you.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I was no Micky fan but Lynch behaved as if he was bigger than the club, I hope he doesn't even get the offer to wear the stripes again..get shot, he is apparently trouble and thought of as a bit of a twat by the rest of the team anyway. How any Albion fan can want someone who REFUSED to play for the 1st team back is beyond me.
Good old rumours i love them.Wilkins never had any trouble with Lynch or Mcghee but hey what do they know?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Jesus - where did it become accepted that Lynch is the best player we have ever had and that it's his petulance that was the issue.

First and foremost he was a very average Third Division player who struggled to hold down a place in a poor side. Jesus get some perspective!!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
He suffered from the disease which seems to afflict most of our youth prospects. Make a big splash in your first season and then struggle to match that form over the next few seasons.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
get him back! he's a class above in league 1. although only to play as a centre half - he's a shocking left back!

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Good old rumours i love them.Wilkins never had any trouble with Lynch or Mcghee but hey what do they know?

Well Wilkins new how to get to seventh in the league and Mr Adams new how to get to 21st.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It depends on whether any club will bid for him. I imagine that a bid of over 500k would be taken and hopefully reinvested for the new manager.

If that doesn't happen I expect him to be in the first XI on his return

that would be my take on this situation as well and his experience at Forrest would only be a advantage

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
B4 he came back if he comes back,i would like to know if it was MA he couldnt play for,or Brighton and hove albion fc he did not want to play for,if the latter then,no thanks keep him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
B4 he came back if he comes back,i would like to know if it was MA he couldnt play for,or Brighton .

It's the same difference, he is paid by BHA not Micky Adams. At the risk of repeating myself I really am struggling to understand why a single Albion fan would want a player who refused to play for us to come back. Are we so shallow as fans that because we think the player is good it's ok for him to shit on us as fans?? Make no mistake that is what the jumped up little twat did

Sometimes managers get it all wrong and Adams certainly did with Lynch by bringing in Hawkins.Not only that Lynch never got a proper look in under Adams with either Virgo or Hawkins playing in defence.For some reason he just didn't want to play Lynch.Sorry pal but Lynch is far better then most of our defenders and could easily do a job in league 1 alongside Elphick as the number 1 pairing.
Hopefully Lynch will make you eat your words when he shines under a new manager.I'll be more then happy to bounce this thread in the future for you.:thumbsup:

Good one algie.
Not sure if you've actually watched Elphick play, as his propensity to be the wrong side of every opposing attack shouldn't guarantee him 'number 1' status either!

A defense with Elphick AND Lynch, would.... sorry, did lose to Division 2 standard players (wait...I meant Conference standard). Some people like their look, because of the tall longlegged build that reminds them of Hanson, Thompson, Lawrenson etc.

Lynch doesn't remind me of any footballer.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's the same difference, he is paid by BHA not Micky Adams. At the risk of repeating myself I really am struggling to understand why a single Albion fan would want a player who refused to play for us to come back. Are we so shallow as fans that because we think the player is good it's ok for him to shit on us as fans?? Make no mistake that is what the jumped up little twat did
Do you know all the facts?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The door should be open to Joel and we should look to play him with Elphick next season. Hawkins is a donkey, Hinsh is injury prone and El Abd is inconsistent. Virgo can be his back up or cover for Whing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here