Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Cole

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Swap for Benayoun, then.

Liverpool got much the better of the deal, imo. [ignoring respective wages, and all that].

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So they've essentially swapped Benayoun for Cole. I'm not sure who's got the better deal

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So they've essentially swapped Benayoun for Cole. I'm not sure who's got the better deal

Benayoun had flashes of quality, but gave the ball away a huge amount of times for l'pool. Similarly Cole shows touches of magic, then disappears for the rest of the game - will be interesting to see what JC can do in that team.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Benayoun had flashes of quality, but gave the ball away a huge amount of times for l'pool. Similarly Cole shows touches of magic, then disappears for the rest of the game - will be interesting to see what JC can do in that team.

At the beginning of last season I would have said Liverpool had the better deal, but last year Benayoun looked like Pools best player(bar Reina) and Cole looked unfit and looked to have no confidence

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
At the beginning of last season I would have said Liverpool had the better deal, but last year Benayoun looked like Pools best player(bar Reina) and Cole looked unfit and looked to have no confidence

I agree with THIS.

Particularly when you consider Chelsea can afford to bankroll a few more prospects with the difference in wages...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is going to be hard to dislike Liverpool if they're going to sign a quality English manager who in turn buys better more likeable English players.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Superb signing for Liverpool, presuming Hodgson is able to get the best out of him as he did with Zamora and the rest of the Fulham side.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is going to be hard to dislike Liverpool if they're going to sign a quality English manager who in turn buys better more likeable English players.

Indeed

Rafa OUT
Hodgson IN
Joe Cole IN

Liverpool just got a whole lot more likeable.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is tho Tottenham/Arse were offering less but they are in the Champs League.

So I hope that Cole is joining with a view to the long term. Or is it like most prem players - limited ambition as long as they get the most money.

Eg Wright Phillips warming the bench at Chelsea because they would pay £100k a week as opposed to the 60 or whatever you were getting at City. Sidwell another.

Thats whats wrong with our English players. Lack of AMBITION to be the best. £60k a week/£100k week its all funny money anyway.

Greatness is measured in trophies/achievements not how much you earn or when your next diamond encrusted Bentley is being delivered.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Basically, he's chosen money over Champions League football and keeping his London base with either Arsenal or Spurs.

I think Spurs would have been the best fit for Cole but then we don't know what Hodgson has in mind for Liverpool. I can't see how Liverpool can finance the rebuilding without selling two of Mascherano, Torres, Reina or Kuyt.

Liverpool should be in the hunt for players like Walcott and Gibbs of Arsenal, Hart and Richards of Man City, Cahill and Milner i.e. to try and get an English-based nucleus around Gerrard and Carragher.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thing is tho Tottenham/Arse were offering less but they are in the Champs League.

So I hope that Cole is joining with a view to the long term. Or is it like most prem players - limited ambition as long as they get the most money.

Eg Wright Phillips warming the bench at Chelsea because they would pay £100k a week as opposed to the 60 or whatever you were getting at City. Sidwell another.

Thats whats wrong with our English players. Lack of AMBITION to be the best. £60k a week/£100a week it all funny money anyway.

Did Sidwell not leave Chelsea, for Villa, to get games?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Did Sidwell not leave Chelsea, for Villa, to get games?

And how many did he get..? Thats right FIFTEEN ish

Same reason as Dowie left Palace to go further north and ends up at Charlton.

Im sure Wright Phillips said the same when he left City.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Quite a few good players on frees this summer. Joe Cole, chamakh, possibly raul and guti.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here