Joe Cole

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Has Joe Cole done a press conference today stating
a) Liverpool was his boyhood club
b) stood on the kop as a kid
c) admired Hodgson since his Switzerland in Euro 96
d) dreamed of playing for Liverpool after watching Kevin Keegan play

You mean Robbie Keane stylee? But he made the mistake of "the boyhood speech" with 3 different clubs....fool

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Look at this team of England hopefuls - not one of them a regular in their club side:

1. Hart
2. Richards
3. Gibbs
4. Mancienne
5. Onuoha
6. Walcott
7. Wilshere
8. Rodwell
9. Carrick
10. Sturridge
11. Adam Johnson.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Possibly, as it panned out. Doesn't alter the fact that he would have EXPECTED more games at Villa than Chelsea, though.

Sorry we are talking at cross purposes. Im talking about when Sidwell ORIGINALLY moved to Chelsea. Not when he went back.

He got 15ish games for Chelsea. Villa he is an everpresent. Virtually.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry we are talking at cross purposes. Im talking about when Sidwell ORIGINALLY moved to Chelsea. Not when he went back.

He got 15ish games for Chelsea. Villa he is an everpresent. Virtually.

Ah - that's where it got confusing then - he went to Chelsea from READING, innit?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ordinarily I'd be interested to see how Hodgson could take an ailing giant like Liverpool, sell a couple of Carlos Kickaball's, infuse the line-up with quality English players and see how they do. But after the shit World Cup I've just witnessed the Premier League can all go f*** themselves...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Has Joe Cole done a press conference today stating
a) Liverpool was his boyhood club
b) stood on the kop as a kid
c) admired Hodgson since his Switzerland in Euro 96
d) dreamed of playing for Liverpool after watching Kevin Keegan play

e)it's not about the money
f)lLiverpool are too good to not be in the Champions League
g)Liverpool's fans are the best in the world
h)that he can't wait to link up with his England buddy Stevie G

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I mean you can only swap if you currently own the player, Cole was a free agent, he was swapped with no-one. Chelsea bought Benayoun while he was under contract with Liverpool.

Yeah, I understand, I was just pointing out that it wasn't a real "swap" as such, but I think people caleld it that as they were players with similiar Attributes, even though Cole was technically unattached, but came from Chelsea.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What's not to like:

"Joe, it's you old boss Harry Redknapp. Please come and play for Spurs - you'll get first team football, Champions League, you won't have to move house, there's Defoe, Crouchy, Ledley, Tom, Dawson, Lennon - all the England boys -AND you and Frank can still go out spit-roasting after Stringfellows on a Saturday night. £75K a week - what do you think?"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What's not to like:

"Joe, it's you old boss Harry Redknapp. Please come and play for Spurs - you'll get first team football, Champions League, you won't have to move house, there's Defoe, Crouchy, Ledley, Tom, Dawson, Lennon - all the England boys -AND you and Frank can still go out spit-roasting after Stringfellows on a Saturday night. £75K a week - what do you think?"

I'd rather move up north for £90k a week.

Mar 13, 2008
Liverpool also got £6million odd in this swap deal. Not bad.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What's not to like:

maybe, and this might be an shocking alternative view, he's gone to Liverpool to get games. Tottenham has already got a strong midfield. Liverpool was light of quality before losing Benayoun, having to use Kuyt as a winger, he's vitually guaranteed 1st team football.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
maybe, and this might be an shocking alternative view, he's gone to Liverpool to get games. Tottenham has already got a strong midfield. Liverpool was light of quality before losing Benayoun, having to use Kuyt as a winger, he's vitually guaranteed 1st team football.

This is true. He will have to work for his money at Spurs. That is what has scared him off a move. All the best Joe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here