Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good luck to him, hopefully he will be a regular thus for England as well

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bit like us they've seemed to have mainly defensive minded central midfielders. I can see Gerrard behind Torres, with Kuyt and Cole wide forwards, plus 2 of their 3 midfielders backing up. Good fit I think in a 4-2-3-1 team who have hard workers but not too much 'spark', rather than Chelsea's narrow 4-4-2diamond or 4-2-2-2 they seem to play sometimes. Think Liverpool's midfield has much weaker depth all be it Gerrard and Mascherano as legit stars, and thus he'll get more games than at the London clubs. Good choice for him and exactly what the club needed. Now we just need our own 'spark' attacking mid who's comfortable on the left but who can fill in across the park.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anyone else reckon Liverpool are on a downward spiral?.

Nope, not long term. Someonw will eventually buy them, invest a wad of cash and they will back as one of the top two teams in the country.

There are only three teams who (if managed correctly) can currently make a big profit in the Premiership.

Liverpool are obviously not in that position now, but with a new stadium can easily do so.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think that he has signed for Liverpool as he wants to play centre midfield and of the clubs that were interested in him they offer the best chance of him being guaranteed a regular first team place.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Right then Jamie; what exactly is astronomical in your mind if £90,000 a week isnt?

f***ing PLUM

who's the plum, Redknapp or the guy on the football forum that thinks he know what wages a player is on because the Sun said so? the full quote is "but I know he's not asking for anything astronomical, like what is being portrayed in the press."

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
According to Jamie Redknapp Cole isn't on "anything near astronomical wages" at Liverpool

Right then Jamie; what exactly is astronomical in your mind if £90,000 a week isnt?

f***ing PLUM

I may have missed it in the thread, but apparently West Ham were offering him more money than anyone else. But, as a footballer who wouldn't go to L'pool instead of WH. How on earth WH thing they can afford over £90k a week for him in their financial state, I have no idea.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I may have missed it in the thread, but apparently West Ham were offering him more money than anyone else. But, as a footballer who wouldn't go to L'pool instead of WH. How on earth WH thing they can afford over £90k a week for him in their financial state, I have no idea.

West Ham baffles me too, they were skint, they have been linked with loads of big money players, just signed someone for £4million, and have more players coming in on the way,

Didnt Joe Cole want to leave Chelsea because he wanted more than £85k a week and they told him to do one. Liverpool were mugs enough to pay it, and he obviously went for the money instead of Champions league football he would have got at Arsenal or possible Tottenham

We must be able to make an England "did it for teh wonga, instead of playing regularly/highest level possible" XI

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Didnt Joe Cole want to leave Chelsea because he wanted more than £85k a week and they told him to do one.

thats what the papers told us. i think Ancelloti just wasn't interested in him, doesnt fit his style of team, which is fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here