Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Joe Biden....relaxed about the idea?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Biden seems to be polling very well, including in some of the states that Hilary lost. Early days in the campaign, I suppose.

My concern is a repeat of 2016 where Biden wins the popular vote but Trump wins the Electoral College

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My concern is a repeat of 2016 where Biden wins the popular vote but Trump wins the Electoral College

Biden is 4-1 on to win the popular vote at the moment, but yes, it’s all about he key swing states. What a mental system when you can poll fewer votes than your opponent and still win! Our FPTP system isn’t great, but at least the winning party is always the one that gets the most votes - at least I think it is.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Trump is an idiot, a total buffoon. I don't think he is 'evil' which is the current thought of the masses, I just think hes utterly thick. We didn't know Trumps 'record' before this because he wasn't a policitian, you didn't entirely know how he'd go about things. You see it week after week, he's a bumbling oaf that doesn't know what the hell he's doing on the biggest stage during a global pandemic. We knew this before he got elected, we have known this month on month. What bothers me is that we now have Biden on the other side who DOES have a record, and his record is ****ing horrifying for the supposed 'good guys' of American politics.

- Against gay rights all the way up until 2015!
- Pro life
- On the wrong side of almost every trade agreement
- Pro Iraq war
- History of racist comments even when he didn't have early signs of mental decline
- Inappropriate touching of females around him
- Sexual assault allegations hanging over him
- Against any kind of NHS system, going so far as to say he would take the power into his own hands and VETO any agreement in government singlehandedly
- Has laughed and joked about cutting social security and benefits
- Has said he has no empathy or sympathy for any struggles that the youth of today are going through

He's basically a Republican wearing blue, he is a total idiot. I'd much rather have Trump for another 4 years, who has every single move, breakfast and fart analysed and criticised than Joe, a return to 'normal' and him being free to do whatever he pleases with his AWFUL record. That way, my hope is we have a true progressive liberal for the democrats in 2024 to bring the US in line with the rest of the modern world and tackle climate change, the horrific racial problems the US has, the obsession with guns etc. A vote for Joe is a vote for 2015 politics, and to me that is very, very scary. Because if that happens, in 2024 we could have a true fascist nutcase leading the Republicans with a very good chance at winning it.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Trump is an idiot, a total buffoon. I don't think he is 'evil' which is the current thought of the masses, I just think hes utterly thick. We didn't know Trumps 'record' before this because he wasn't a policitian, you didn't entirely know how he'd go about things. You see it week after week, he's a bumbling oaf that doesn't know what the hell he's doing on the biggest stage during a global pandemic. We knew this before he got elected, we have known this month on month. What bothers me is that we now have Biden on the other side who DOES have a record, and his record is ****ing horrifying for the supposed 'good guys' of American politics.

- Against gay rights all the way up until 2015!
- Pro life
- On the wrong side of almost every trade agreement
- Pro Iraq war
- History of racist comments even when he didn't have early signs of mental decline
- Inappropriate touching of females around him
- Sexual assault allegations hanging over him
- Against any kind of NHS system, going so far as to say he would take the power into his own hands and VETO any agreement in government singlehandedly
- Has laughed and joked about cutting social security and benefits
- Has said he has no empathy or sympathy for any struggles that the youth of today are going through

He's basically a Republican wearing blue, he is a total idiot. I'd much rather have Trump for another 4 years, who has every single move, breakfast and fart analysed and criticised than Joe, a return to 'normal' and him being free to do whatever he pleases with his AWFUL record. That way, my hope is we have a true progressive liberal for the democrats in 2024 to bring the US in line with the rest of the modern world and tackle climate change, the horrific racial problems the US has, the obsession with guns etc. A vote for Joe is a vote for 2015 politics, and to me that is very, very scary. Because if that happens, in 2024 we could have a true fascist nutcase leading the Republicans with a very good chance at winning it.

This is a ridiculous post. You list the reasons why the man shouldn't even be taken seriously, and then suggest you want him for another 4 years.

Surely the point is that president sets the agenda, they aren't in every meeting, they aren't implementing policy and they are mainly the figurehead for what their administration is doing. How can you say that it would be better to have another 4 years of the figurehead being a laughing stock, every person in the administration being an amateur with no intellect at all and the active dismantling of America's role on the world stage? There isn't a positive argument for keeping Trump, however much you might dislike Biden, you can't think he would have a less effective administration. You can't think that he'd be tumbling from one catastrophe to another, making himself look like a fool on a daily basis and employing people who will sell their soul to defend everything he says no matter how stupid, reckless, wrong, illinformed, illjudged and dangerous it is.

History will not look kindly on the Trump administration and all of the people so prominent within it will be tarnished with the stink of him forever.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
This is a ridiculous post. You list the reasons why the man shouldn't even be taken seriously, and then suggest you want him for another 4 years.

Surely the point is that president sets the agenda, they aren't in every meeting, they aren't implementing policy and they are mainly the figurehead for what their administration is doing. How can you say that it would be better to have another 4 years of the figurehead being a laughing stock, every person in the administration being an amateur with no intellect at all and the active dismantling of America's role on the world stage? There isn't a positive argument for keeping Trump, however much you might dislike Biden, you can't think he would have a less effective administration. You can't think that he'd be tumbling from one catastrophe to another, making himself look like a fool on a daily basis and employing people who will sell their soul to defend everything he says no matter how stupid, reckless, wrong, illinformed, illjudged and dangerous it is.

History will not look kindly on the Trump administration and all of the people so prominent within it will be tarnished with the stink of him forever.

I literally tell you why I think that, in that post. " my hope is we have a true progressive liberal for the democrats in 2024 to bring the US in line with the rest of the modern world and tackle climate change, the horrific racial problems the US has, the obsession with guns etc. A vote for Joe is a vote for 2015 politics, and to me that is very, very scary. Because if that happens, in 2024 we could have a true fascist nutcase leading the Republicans with a very good chance at winning it."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here