Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Mac plays his last game 4 the albion!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Nah, he only gave them to me because I have a bloody big gob and asked him for them. Thanks Jimmy.

I gave them to a young football fan who was on a day out with his Dad. The lad follows a Conference side, his Dad is an old mate of mine and Brighton. I saw the awe in his eyes when i told them that they belonged to a player and gave them to him in an effort to convert him to a Brighton fan. They went to a good cause Jimmy!

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Nah, he only gave them to me because I have a bloody big gob and asked him for them. Thanks Jimmy.

I gave them to a young football fan who was on a day out with his Dad. The lad follows a Conference side, his Dad is an old mate of mine and Brighton. I saw the awe in his eyes when i told them that they belonged to a player and gave them to him in an effort to convert him to a Brighton fan. They went to a good cause Jimmy!

Well done mate, good stuff i see dicker give his villa shirt he got to what i think was his mum!

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Well done Jimmy - good thinking. Totally impossible to tell from the TV highlights of course, but looked like Jimmy Mac had a rough time of it yesterday - against some admitedly classy opposition.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Well done Jimmy - good thinking. Totally impossible to tell from the TV highlights of course, but looked like Jimmy Mac had a rough time of it yesterday - against some admitedly classy opposition.

He made a few mistakes, and granted they lead to the goals, but he didn't just flop for 90 minutes. He made some cracking tackels and had just as good a game as everyone else...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He made a few mistakes, and granted they lead to the goals, but he didn't just flop for 90 minutes. He made some cracking tackels and had just as good a game as everyone else...

Good to hear - I hope he's starting to come back to the form he showed before his injury. Of course the TV just shows the goals, which often also therefore highlights a defensive error. Thanks for the info FDM's.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I think Gus knows that Jimmy M is still finding his feat after a long lay off hence the signing of Marcos Painter. I wonder if he sees Mr Painter as a centre half for us longer term?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Painter looks lightweight to be a centre back.

But he'll be in for Jimmy at Stockport, no doubt about it.

At Villa Jimmy just fcuked about on the ball too much and you can't do it at that level.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
christ man, he was caught in possession at least 8 times, check the DVD when it comes out, he can't go on like this......

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I thought Mac had a bad day yesterday, got skinned and lost the ball A LOT albeit against very classy players, A Villa seemed to target his side of the defence because Calderon seemed more solid and comfortable to me.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
look truth is Jimmy tried as hard as he always does, and as hard as anyone else, so you can't fault that, but check the player ratings and take an average from the first 30 posts (bearing in mind most people love him) and the average is probably lower than any other player at about 5.5.

yes he did cross for Forster, but watch the highlights it was a scuffed cross intended for Murray, who couldn't reach and that's what threw the defence.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
i knew he was at fault for the 1st goal but didnt see the culprits for the other 2.

fair enough if it was him

Got beaten in the air by Young for their second. Great header, but pretty criminal to allow him to get the to the ball. Lets be honset though, Youngs not half bad.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
I thought he had a good game as wasn't afraid to take on people one on one and then put in a decent cross or pass throughout the game. Everyone is going to put the occasional pass astray, bearing in mind they WERE playing a premiership team who are used to constantly putting pressure on teams when their not in possesion. I don't think the score would have been any different with painter starting.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I thought he had a good game as wasn't afraid to take on people one on one and then put in a decent cross or pass throughout the game. Everyone is going to put the occasional pass astray, bearing in mind they WERE playing a premiership team who are used to constantly putting pressure on teams when their not in possesion. I don't think the score would have been any different with painter starting.

Even though he was at fault for two of the goals? :facepalm:

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
I think people forget that on that side of the field with the lop sided formation we play he is likely to be more vunerable than anyone because your relying on your central midfield 3 to shuffle across and cover him, normally Dicker. It's tough against normal opposition let alone Premier League players. If they don't do it quickly he will always be left one on one.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I thought Mac had a bad day yesterday, got skinned and lost the ball A LOT albeit against very classy players, A Villa seemed to target his side of the defence because Calderon seemed more solid and comfortable to me.

Villa didn't target Jimmy.

Villa saw that we don't have any balance to our midfield, saw Centre and thought too many there, saw Right and tried a few times but saw left and thought there's no-one there so much space infront of McNulty and nobody is really there helping him out.

But I'm sure glad that we play Navarro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here