Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Mac plays his last game 4 the albion!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The biggest problem that we had is the amount of room Ashley Young was given due to our non existent left midfie;ld and also that both of pour central defenders being right footed naturally move to their right so our right side is well protected but the left exposed.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Erm, no.

I saw Calderon yesterday and his defending was woeful, with him frequently out of position. He looked good going forward.

However, he was up against an England midfielder. Only when I've seen him against League 1 opposition will I be able to reasonably see if we've signed another dud or not.

And I'm not taking the piss out of a popular player, i'm merely stating what's apparent to anyone who actually bothers to watch the football, including Poyet. He's not performing well defensively, and as a result has been dropped in favour of this Birmingham chap who has actually proven himself in this league.

Rather than rushing to slate me for this opinion, you might want to argue it by considering the fact that perhaps McNulty's poor performances are down to poyet, and his reluctance to sign/play a left midfielder. Therefore, he perhaps gets forward more than he would ordinarily, and is getting exposed down the left as a result. But perhaps it's easier to call someone 'childish' than talk about the football seriously.

There is a reason why McNulty and Dicker (to a lesser extent Calderon) are so highly rated by a large number of Brighton fans. That is because the are good players. We are not 'sheep' for rating them as footballers. Ther are just plain and simple good players at our level. You obviously think it's hilarious to go against the grain and rubbish them at every available opportunity; that's your perogative, but in my opinion it's childish.

I and many others have read your bullshit enough times on here to know what you are all about and you can try and dress it up as tactical astuteness as much as you want, but it won't wash with me I'm afraid.

SeagullDan

Jan 18, 2010
Well done Jimmy - good thinking. Totally impossible to tell from the TV highlights of course, but looked like Jimmy Mac had a rough time of it yesterday - against some admitedly classy opposition.

Seemed to me he lost confidence when he dived in on Albrighton in the first minute but misjudged his pace and got done, which then led to the goal.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Hold on a minute. Some observations.

The fact that I can't remember him having more than one good game for us gives me cause for doubting him. It's not because he's not played enough games, it's because he's not played well enough when he has featured!

"We haven't seen enough of him to know how good he's going to be"
So how come you've decided he's "class" earlier on in the thread.

"When we can get Jimmy mac a proper run in the side you can criticise him with actual basis and reason"

He's just had one. And wasted it, by defending poorly. As a result, we've signed a better left back. And going by your "can't criticise as we haven't seen enough of him" theory, then surely we "can't praise him" for the same reason?

What a load of toilet. Throw in the fact that you've confessed on here that you've barely seen him play, and it appears you're talking out of your backside i'm afraid.

Having a very serious injury may affect a player in a negative way. The lengths some people will go to to have a different opinion. Wanker

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Nah, he only gave them to me because I have a bloody big gob and asked him for them. Thanks Jimmy.

I gave them to a young football fan who was on a day out with his Dad. The lad follows a Conference side, his Dad is an old mate of mine and Brighton. I saw the awe in his eyes when i told them that they belonged to a player and gave them to him in an effort to convert him to a Brighton fan. They went to a good cause Jimmy!

He had a GREAT day out from start to finish, and in the car going home he said "What was the BEST part of the day for you Daddy? For me it was DEFINITELY getting Jimmys gloves!"

It brought a tear to his old mans eye.

You are a star sir, a star!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Ah, there it is.

Realise you're argument is spectacularly flawed and contradictory, and resort to slagging me off. Happy days.

:clap2:

To a certain extent I agree with you regarding Mcnulty. But the above, while true, is very rich coming from you!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Erm, no.

I saw Calderon yesterday and his defending was woeful, with him frequently out of position. He looked good going forward.

However, he was up against an England midfielder. Only when I've seen him against League 1 opposition will I be able to reasonably see if we've signed another dud or not.

Which is why you rated him at 2/3 out of 10 and proclaimed something along the lines of "Great, another fullback who can't defend".

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
To a certain extent I agree with you regarding Mcnulty. But the above, while true, is very rich coming from you!
:lolol:

Which is why you rated him at 2/3 out of 10 and proclaimed something along the lines of "Great, another fullback who can't defend".

Yes, fair enough, although I'd been drinking all day. But perhaps a better way of putting it would be "on this showing he can't defend, but hopefully he'll be better against slightly inferior wingers".

There.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That game McNulty came on for El-Abd after about 15 minutes, Colchester I think, he was brilliant defensively in that. I think he has generally looked a pretty solid defender in his few appearances.
I've seen people try to say that Villa's first goal was proof he can't defend... he lost the ball halfway into the Villa half. That's not bad defending. It's losing the ball. It just so happens that they were capable of getting to the other end of the pitch in seconds.
Dunno what he was doing for Villa's second though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, fair enough, although I'd been drinking all day. But perhaps a better way of putting it would be "on this showing he can't defend, but hopefully he'll be better against slightly inferior wingers".

There.

Ashley Young cost £9million and Downing cost £12million. Not many players of that calibre in league one. :thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

There.

Slightly inferior, you actually said. You throw the word slightly in there, and you change the tone of the point you're trying to make. Which, in this case, is a poor one. Strangely.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Slightly inferior, you actually said. You throw the word slightly in there, and you change the tone of the point you're trying to make. Which, in this case, is a poor one. Strangely.

Apologies. Let me have another go.

But perhaps a better way of putting it would be "on this showing he can't defend, but hopefully he'll be better against approximately 43.5363424254369% inferior wingers".

That better?

I'm going to bed, I can't be arsed with with Swindon supporting fools who can't justify their ludicrous radio based opinions and therefore have to resort to complete pedantry instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here