Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jermaine Jenas sacked…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t need to leave until the first train in the morning - nice afternoon in Manchester then onto the Etihad for the evening kick off. Wouldn’t want to get there too early and look silly! Got a last minute ticket from a nice guy visiting the UK from Nigeria. He’s going to hand me the ticket in person when I get to the stadium!

3-0 Albion, Ferguson with one and Barco with the other.
Luckily I didn't have a mouthful of wine when I read that :bowdown:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Has he acknowledged the abuse of his powerful position at work yet ?

Or is he banging on about how he’s upset his wife , who may or may not have had a pretty good idea what her husband is like before this broke .

Almost as if he’s a bit of a thick narcissist who doesn’t really think he’s done anything wrong.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
He may not be happy at being dropped but don’t forget there are two halves, sorry sides, to every story, and his lawyers will be giving it 110%.
What a difference a day makes!

Since yesterday I have seen the VAR monitor and clearly part of my body, which I thought was in play, was in fact crossing a line.
My wife also reviewed the evidence , so now I’m training on my own.
I’m so sorry and gutted about being found out but rest assured I’m working 110% to be a better person. Anyone heard of a rehab facility in Marseille?
Can an agent give me a call as I have a story to sell?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’m with you on this old boy, if it was that cut and dried Talk Sport would have dropped him like a stone, not had him presenting one of the most traditionally listened to shows ( when we are all going home, hence drive time) within minutes/hours of his sacking breaking in the news, and it’s not happened overnight with the apparent due process by the Beeb yet TNT had him commentating on the opening game of the EPL🤷‍♂️

Even after he’d gone off air, the TS news bulletins were stilll leading with his soundbite about there being two sides of the story and him consulting solicitors.

Surely if he was that ‘banged too rights’, brief statement and then slink away.
Sorry Gents it might be an age thing 🙈 totally taken in by his initial denials, the fact that TS let him on to present (although it turns out they apparently had no one else to do it) and the Beeb‘s ongoing penchant for PR car crashes.

Then again I’m one of the 90 or so people who gave Bellotti a standing ovation at the 1994 Gulls Eye dinner 😂

The almost ‘death row‘ payout for the Sun exclusive speaks volumes he is now so far out in the wilderness even Bear Grylls wouldn’t find him.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He said he's now receiving therapy.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
How very modern. Put a Sad Face on and sit down for a video interview with The Sun. A bit of self flagellation mixed in with some denials and accusations re how it was handled by the BBC plus a sprinkle of sort-of apologies. All as bland as his presenting. Would have been better to do another pub beer garden selfie clip about "birds" instead of "coin, coin, coin".

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
IMG_0565.jpeg

😂

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry Gents it might be an age thing 🙈 totally taken in by his initial denials, the fact that TS let him on to present (although it turns out they apparently had no one else to do it) and the Beeb‘s ongoing penchant for PR car crashes.

Then again I’m one of the 90 or so people who gave Bellotti a standing ovation at the 1994 Gulls Eye dinner 😂

The almost ‘death row‘ payout for the Sun exclusive speaks volumes he is now so far out in the wilderness even Bear Grylls wouldn’t find him.
Erm.....what?

If they follow due process when one of their staff is accused of wrongdoing, how can this be a 'PR car crash'? ???

I'm sure that after the Savile debacle the BBC may have moved on a bit. That was 13 years ago.

I fear you may have also been taken in by tropes launched by the 'defund the BBC' contingent (of people who don't like the BBC looking into their probity).

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Erm.....what?

If they follow due process when one of their staff is accused of wrongdoing, how can this be a 'PR car crash'? ???

I'm sure that after the Savile debacle the BBC may have moved on a bit. That was 13 years ago.

I fear you may have also been taken in by tropes launched by the 'defund the BBC' contingent (of people who don't like the BBC looking into their probity).
Come on old boy, despite my initial and somewhat misplaced sympathy Jenas is banged to rights, but are you saying the Huw Edwards saga wasn't a PR car crash?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Come on old boy, despite my initial and somewhat misplaced sympathy Jenas is banged to rights, but are you saying the Huw Edwards saga wasn't a PR car crash?

Imho the Strictly revelations had an impact on BBC actions here too. Several set ‘runners’ have come to the media about the abuse they faced. By many accounts, Jenas’s actions were against young staff who were also runners.

Heading off a growing storm on abuse of power.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That’s what I would have said….
But frankly the way things have gone, if I made a positive, appreciative comment it feels like it could easily be misconstrued…..

The world has changed too much for me.

Just be nice and respectful……
Slightly OT but I work in theatre as a stage manager, and on my first day with the actors every time without fail, I do my little introduction (who I am, what I do for green actors etc). Part of that is saying along the lines of “I will never initiate physical contact with any of you, unless it is for your own safety. Such as moving you out of the way of set pieces or lights etc when I don’t have time to ask”.

This actually goes down really well in the theatre world, and a director came over and said once “I think you’re going to do really well here”… :)

Some work places such as theatre are all about trust and “safe spaces”, and it just takes one person being pervy to ruin the whole process.

Obviously, in practice it’s reciprocal hugs all the time, but simply addressing it early on as something of an “authority figure” (in the stage space at least) really sets a good tone.

That said, actors consensually screw like bunnies :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm saying Jenas wasn't a PR car crash (so it is not 'another'), and it looks like Edwards was also processed appropriately.

My regard for the BBC is undiminished.:shrug:

It is a car crash for the individuals, of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here