Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He'd be an outstanding player at Champ level or for a decent Belgian, Dutch, Scottish team etc. Bit more time, more space, could imagine him doing an O'Reilly etc. Simply isn't at our level sadly.
The way I would look at this is that he's missed a full year and a half through injury and was heavily managed for 6 months after that.

That's the whole age 22 to 24 development time lost.

He can still make up for this lost time if he stays fit and starts getting games. But while his development years were lost, ours weren't. There is no prospect of Jakub getting the games he needs here now and should have been moved on in the summer and will be in winter.

But I don't think this means he was a failed signing. At age of 21, there was every reason to think his development curve would have led to him being a top half PL midfielder and first choice CM for Poland by now. It just didn't work out.

I'm not even sure he'll play another Carabao Cup game. Milner will likely slot in ahead of him. Yasin's development is on the charge. O'Reilly will be back if we make the latter stages. Wieffer is getting up to speed and Hinsh might find himself free to slot into midfield.

I think we've likely seen the last of Moder.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The way I would look at this is that he's missed a full year and a half through injury and was heavily managed for 6 months after that.

That's the whole age 22 to 24 development time lost.

He can still make up for this lost time if he stays fit and starts getting games. But while his development years were lost, ours weren't. There is no prospect of Jakub getting the games he needs here now and should have been moved on in the summer and will be in winter.

But I don't think this means he was a failed signing. At age of 21, there was every reason to think his development curve would have led to him being a top half PL midfielder and first choice CM for Poland by now. It just didn't work out.

I'm not even sure he'll play another Carabao Cup game. Milner will likely slot in ahead of him. Yasin's development is on the charge. O'Reilly will be back if we make the latter stages. Wieffer is getting up to speed and Hinsh might find himself free to slot into midfield.

I think we've likely seen the last of Moder.
Yep agree with all of this.

Love the bloke and wish it was different, but it's not.
He needs to be playing for a club that need him.
We don't.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Moder looked a good player pre injury. He'll need a few months of decent game time before that can be decided.

He's a very different profile to the other midfield options. Tall, quick and physical. Useful for certain opposition. Opponents like Villa.

94 games is a hell of a lot of football to miss. He might never fully recover. But I'd give him the season before deciding to sell next summer.
He's been in and around the first team since October/November, so that's already almost a year.
Want him to succeed as much as any player but giving him basically two seasons to prove he's a decent squad member feels generous and unlikely.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I guess part of rustiness is this kind of situational awareness

But I agree that Moder is, I think, 8th choice midfielder once Gomez arrives, (and i'm not sure that many other teams in the PL have an 8th choice CM as good as Moder) a move in January seems sensible

EDIT : I should add. Given the uncontrolled nature of last nights performance, I think you could find unflattering clips of all our players out there. The structure clearly looked disorganised. We're using this tournament to get players match fit it seems

Indeed - early on there was a moment whjere mOder had to cover Hinshelwood out of position, and skilfully jockeyed their winger and tackled him to prevent a promising attack.

Wolves first goal was a whole heap of terrible by our entire defence.

I haven't seen a worse goal against us, for many a year.

PlayMoran

May 19, 2023
He's been in and around the first team since October/November, so that's already almost a year.
Want him to succeed as much as any player but giving him basically two seasons to prove he's a decent squad member feels generous and unlikely.
Only played his first senior game in 575 games back on the 25th of November. His start last night was his first proper club game since the 19th of May.

It will take a consistent run of games for him to regain confidence and full match sharpness.

He was fine lat night. 28/32 passes completed and 5/9 ground duels won to go with his 4 tackles. An important recovery run and tackle saved Hinshelwood.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Yes, a neat and tidy player who is technically very good but doesn't ever really hurt the opposition. He may come good and I reckon FH wants to find out if he will after injury, but he's in last chance saloon by my reckoning. If he isn't looking better than average by Christmas, I wouldn't mind betting he'll be sold to a relegation struggler in the January window.
With his contract running out next summer, you won't get a lot of money from that bet.

I really struggle to see the club or Moder himself being interested in that contract getting extended.

The scenario where we "give him a decent run of games" (as some suggest) in the first place looks incredibly unlikely in the first place, and when you add that he also needs to perform at "we want to have this guy around for many more years"-level, it borders on the impossible.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He was fine last night, a few players had "moments" they would rather forget, Webster had a couple, Steele had a big one, Adingra had one, Weiffer had one, and other players too.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
If he isn't looking better than average by Christmas, I wouldn't mind betting he'll be sold to a relegation struggler in the January window.

94 games is a hell of a lot of football to miss. He might never fully recover. But I'd give him the season before deciding to sell next summer.

He's got nine months left on his contract (which surely won't be extended?) so won't fetch much for him in January or he'll leave for free in the Summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here