Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
"Coach Fabian Hürzeler wanted me to stay at the club and be part of the team. He's only seen me in full training for a week now."
Worth adding that FH makes a point of stressing that he's always honest with players about how he envisages their role. So, looks like we'll be seeing Moder on the pitch this season, probably starting with (although not necessarily in) the Wolves cup game.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Said it before.

He has all the attributes to be like-for-like back-up for Wieffer.
I could also see him alongside Wieffer tbh. He fits the mould of tall players that Hurzeler likes and he's shown in the past he can chip in with a few goals too. He just can't seem to get a break at the moment in terms of injuries. Maybe there's a chance between now and O'Riley's return though to see what he can do.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
OK, so he's been injured. Does anyone know what his injury is?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Yet Sky were reporting on deadline day that we were open to offers for Dahoud, Moder and Lamptey.
I don't think we would have denied him a move anywhere but probably nothing decent came in. He should see limited use unless we're drowning in injuries but I suppose Hurz preferred having him around rather than send him on loan to the Turkish or Polish league or something. Also makes it easier to sell in January.

Hopefully he play a little bit for Poland now and then against Wolves in the cup and after that I guess injuries will determine if he can get into the team or not.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I admit I was convinced he was off, in the same way I was convinced Dahoud was off. Just one which hadn't done enough to impress manager or club.

But if he's basically fit, fit enough to play international football, and he's a midfielder, he stands a great chance of playing and then we'll see. If he says the Fabi is saying he wants him here, then great

In the alternate reality that we can get all of our midfielders fit, he’s still got a mountain to climb to get anywhere near the matchday squad and maybe as low as 7th in the pecking order, or 8th once Gomez arrives. But right now, I’m grateful he’s here.

My suspicion remains he'll be shipped off on loan, but now i'm not quite so convinced.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Seems strange that he's been supposedly injured and not fit enough to feature in any of our matchday squads as yet, but is fit enough to go away and play for Poland
Maybe fit enough to feature yet not selected. That'll be his lot if all are fit. I suspect he might go when Gomez comes in Jan -- but that might be dependent on our injury situation.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Seems strange that he's been supposedly injured and not fit enough to feature in any of our matchday squads as yet, but is fit enough to go away and play for Poland
Why?

He only returned to training recently (less than two full weeks ago):-

And he, Evan Ferguson and Ruairi McConville have all gone off on internatioanl duty despite not yet playing a second in club football this season.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I could also see him alongside Wieffer tbh. He fits the mould of tall players that Hurzeler likes and he's shown in the past he can chip in with a few goals too. He just can't seem to get a break at the moment in terms of injuries. Maybe there's a chance between now and O'Riley's return though to see what he can do.
He’s yet to score for us hasn’t he?

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He’s yet to score for us hasn’t he?
He has some cup goals I believe.

But missed the vast majority of his shots under Potter by a few inches/feet. Always very close. But, he scored these chances with aplomb in Polish football by the looks of his stats and showreels.

Perhaps the chance missing was a psychological thing that Potter (like with so many others) was just incapable of fixing. It might be that Hürzeler can sort the issue out.

It’s also worth noting that both Potter and RDZ shyed away from playing him as a defensive midfielder or deep lying playmaker. In fact, they were generally out of other options when he was given a central midfield general role. So strange because he generally looks so good out on the pitch with the old eye test. Quick, strong, etc. But his stats are not so great (apart from the top speed one).

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Timing I guess. He says that FH has only seen him for a week. Last week you'd assume. That obviously wasn't enough to get him a place in the squad on Saturday, but as he missed pre-season, he'll probably benefit from getting some game time with his country.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
He was injured in the past and might not be injured in the future (meaning Thursday), or even today. That's just kinda how time works.

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
Why?

He only returned to training recently (less than two full weeks ago):-

And he, Evan Ferguson and Ruairi McConville have all gone off on internatioanl duty despite not yet playing a second in club football this season.

This is kind of my point, he hasn't been fit enough to play so it was strange to me that he would A) be selected for the national team and B) we would be happy with him going knowing he hasn't had a single minute (or second) of football up to now

He was injured in the past and might not be injured in the future (meaning Thursday), or even today. That's just kinda how time works.

Wow, I had never considered the concept of time before- thanks for enlightening me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here