Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Timing I guess. He says that FH has only seen him for a week. Last week you'd assume. That obviously wasn't enough to get him a place in the squad on Saturday, but as he missed pre-season, he'll probably benefit from getting some game time with his country.
Don't think he gets to that bench either which way, but now with Milner injured (?)... :shrug:
Expect him to play vs Wolves.
This is kind of my point, he hasn't been fit enough to play so it was strange to me that he would A) be selected for the national team and B) we would be happy with him going knowing he hasn't had a single minute (or second) of football up to now

Wow, I had never considered the concept of time before- thanks for enlightening me.
The Polish national team coach said in some interview that they don't really give a shit about the "Nations League" (World Cup is the biggie) and see it as an opportunity to take a look at players who aren't playing much etc. He probably just returned to fitness and this will be some sort of pre-season for him. Better he's getting his first minutes playing with Poland in some joke competition, rather than in the PL.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Don't think he gets to that bench either which way, but now with Milner injured (?)... :shrug:
Expect him to play vs Wolves.
It’ll be interesting if he plays that deep lying play maker or in the sort of advanced position Potter and RDZ mostly had him in.

For if Hürzeler can get Moder scoring and assisting, the achievement would be up there with RDZ’s ability to make Solly March the same player in real matches as he always was in training. Top level.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It’ll be interesting if he plays that deep lying play maker or in the sort of advanced position Potter and RDZ mostly had him in.

For if Hürzeler can get Moder scoring and assisting, the achievement would be up there with RDZ’s ability to make Solly March the same player in real matches as he always was in training. Top level.
Agree.

I’ve never felt we’ve seen the best of Moder. Maybe it’s just his style, but I’ve always thought he has more gears to move into.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Solly was a key player already... this is a totally different story.

Moder has shown very little at this level. Energy, intent, work rate - all of that is there. But he's often been used in attacking roles indeed, and has shown he doesn't have the technical ability to play there.

73% pass completition, yet only three assists, just little above his xA so not like people have wasted a lot of chances he created. If you can't create chances, you can't lose the ball one fourth of the time you try to pass it.

52 shots, 0 goals - actually the exact same as Billy Gilmour, the difference being that Moder has been shooting from ten meters closer to goal on average. Imo he showed in Poland he is a good finisher, but in the PL you don't have the time to get your feeting right etc. unless you're good enough technically, and he is not.

Maybe, maybe he could make in a more defensive role, but I think Potter and RDZ didn't play him there because he is sometimes untidy with the ball.
I hope he'll prove to be the next... someone, but more likely he doesn't really have a future in a top half PL team.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Agree.

I’ve never felt we’ve seen the best of Moder. Maybe it’s just his style, but I’ve always thought he has more gears to move into.
I have always thought Moder was a classy midfielder and his injury came just as he was getting into his stride, his injury was bad not helped by a number of set backs, managers then come and go some having never actually having the opportunity to work with him

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I have always thought Moder was a classy midfielder and his injury came just as he was getting into his stride, his injury was bad not helped by a number of set backs, managers then come and go some having never actually having the opportunity to work with him
The irony of course is that horrible injury was the turning point in our fortunes. Moder left the team for over a year and a space opened up for Caicedo. We went on an incredible run of form for the next 14 months or so. Then when Moder started regularly reappearing in the team, our fortunes turned back the other way again!

Lots of other variables at play of course, but I think it probably does say something about Moder’s impact on the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here