Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster Caskey out on loan?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No apologies for the misleading title but on the basis that the club, in my opinion, have mismanagement the loss of Steve Cook, what chance that JFC will still go out on loan?

I'm sure the Gus Bus crew will object but quite frankly we should not have lost Steve Cook. I suspect the deal was already done before yesterdays game and if that was the case, we shouldn't have got in that position. No surprises that Cook decided to sign as he is virtually guaranteed first team action at Bournemouth and is probably on a better wage than he is here as a member of the development squad. However, are there any on here who don't think that on yesterday's performance he would slot in well and makes you wonder that after a solid game against Liverpool, he drops of the GP radar.

As for the money, they say it could go up to £300,000. Is there also a sell on clause. If not, we could end up looking even bigger mugs.

So, we've lost a promising player and will no doubt try and sign Reyes who will command a much higher salary than we would even have offered Cook to renew his contract.

We wait and see.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Well, no.

Gus' quote yesterday.. "I gave him a chance and he took it so he's going to stay with us now. I'm delighted for him."

JFC is ready for this division - he just needed a chance to prove it.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Reyes is a different level to Cook.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Good deal for both Cook and the club In my opinion.

Cook gets a wage increase, regular football and an extended contract, we could potentially get up to £300k out of the deal.

The reality is, when everyone is fit, Cook doesn't fit into Poyets plans, and I suspect it's an area we are likely to recruit in anyhow.

Gus respects the players best interest's and I suspect Cook was the one keen to link up with the cherries on a pernament basis.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think he was close to going out on loan, rumour has it MK Dons, but as Gus says, he has now been moved to the first team for training and no doubt will get more chances, if he keeps taking them, then great.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Cook is at best currently fourth choice CB with the possibility of slipping to sixth would you be happy to stay in those conditions, his contract is up in the summer so can leave for nothing Gus had decided to not hold him back and he has found a club he likes in Bournmouth. I would love to sell him for a million plus but he is going to an average league 1 club for a reasonable price (remember theses days?) and this is the real world not Premiership, my only complaint is if there is no sell on clause otherwise good luck.

Now if he was a decent striker complete different scenario.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
No apologies for the misleading title but on the basis that the club, in my opinion, have mismanagement the loss of Steve Cook, what chance that JFC will still go out on loan?

I'm sure the Gus Bus crew will object but quite frankly we should not have lost Steve Cook. I suspect the deal was already done before yesterdays game and if that was the case, we shouldn't have got in that position. No surprises that Cook decided to sign as he is virtually guaranteed first team action at Bournemouth and is probably on a better wage than he is here as a member of the development squad. However, are there any on here who don't think that on yesterday's performance he would slot in well and makes you wonder that after a solid game against Liverpool, he drops of the GP radar.

As for the money, they say it could go up to £300,000. Is there also a sell on clause. If not, we could end up looking even bigger mugs.

So, we've lost a promising player and will no doubt try and sign Reyes who will command a much higher salary than we would even have offered Cook to renew his contract.

We wait and see.

Or you could wish him luck for wanting to play first team football and be thankful for getting nearly half of a possible Reyes fee who's at least twice the player Cook is. Jesus.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Does your opinion that they shouldn't have sold Cook affect the chances of JFC going out on loan?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. ???

He might have gone if what has now happened hadn't, but it has, and now he has a chance to nail down a place in the first team squad at the very least, possibly the starting line up, as Dunk has.

Much as I like Cook from what I've seen he has numerous players in front of him, and others coming up such as Hall, and much as I like seeing home grown players in the side if you're suggesting you'd rather have Cook than Jara at the club then you're crazy!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Firstly, good luck to Cook. Think he is an excellent prospect and don't blame him for signing for Bournemouth but maybe he wouldn't have if he had featured more over the last 5 months. As for JFC, I was, for those didn't realise, being facetious as I have no doubt that he isn't now going out on loan but that is on the basis of one performance, a performance he only got the chance at because of suspensions and injuries. He didn't become that good overnight so begs the question why he hasn't been more involved earlier. Not necessarily starting but at least on the bench and coming on for some game time. There are plenty of people that have been singing his praises for a very long time but he hasn't really had a sniff of a first team game. We have this development squad and it seems the only other player to break through was Dunk (notwithstanding Hall yesterday), not on merit but due to injuries. He subsequently proved himself, apart from the odd yellow card. Had Elphick or El Abd not been injured for the start of the season we may well have seen Dunk on his way on loan and subsequently permanently for a knock down fee.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Always liked Cookie and I wish him well...but the undisclosed fee...suspected to be about 150,000 to 175,000 is only about a weeks wages for the club,giving players,staff, etc wages. However I'm sure Gus has an ace up the sleeve in Jan signings.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What choice RB do you reckon?

Tanno, Calderon, el Abd, and Vincelot are certainly ahead of him as a RB

Question: when was the last time we sold a fourth choice (at best) defender who has played less than a dozen games at first team level for a fee of £175K+? - I can't remember it ever happening and on that basis my suggestion would be that the club are to be commended for what is historically an exceptional piece of business

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus thinks JFC is a future star , now he has the opportunity to prove it in the 1st team

D

Deleted User X18H

Gus did say in a recent press conference that Forster- Caskey might go out on loan. Before the Burnley match I think. That was then of course and this is now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here