Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster Caskey out on loan?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Firstly, good luck to Cook. Think he is an excellent prospect and don't blame him for signing for Bournemouth but maybe he wouldn't have if he had featured more over the last 5 months. As for JFC, I was, for those didn't realise, being facetious as I have no doubt that he isn't now going out on loan but that is on the basis of one performance, a performance he only got the chance at because of suspensions and injuries. He didn't become that good overnight so begs the question why he hasn't been more involved earlier. Not necessarily starting but at least on the bench and coming on for some game time. There are plenty of people that have been singing his praises for a very long time but he hasn't really had a sniff of a first team game. We have this development squad and it seems the only other player to break through was Dunk (notwithstanding Hall yesterday), not on merit but due to injuries. He subsequently proved himself, apart from the odd yellow card. Had Elphick or El Abd not been injured for the start of the season we may well have seen Dunk on his way on loan and subsequently permanently for a knock down fee.

As Gus pointed out before the season began, the reduction to 5 subs restricts the chances of younger players to sit alongside established first teamers on the bench - not his fault - not the club's fault. As he has also repeatedly said - it is up to the players to grab the chances when they do come along

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Poyet's been watching Cook (directly or via club coaches, etc) for over two years so he probably has a better idea of his potential than the likes of us who have only watched him a few times.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Tanno, Calderon, el Abd, and Vincelot are certainly ahead of him as a RB

Disagree ... on what I've seen I'd put Cook above all of them ... plus he's at an age to get better

Question: when was the last time we sold a fourth choice (at best) defender who has played less than a dozen games at first team level for a fee of £175K+? - I can't remember it ever happening and on that basis my suggestion would be that the club are to be commended for what is historically an exceptional piece of business

Sorry disagree again, I'd have taken a chance on him ... imo he looked every bit as assured as Dunk, perhaps more .. just because historically we hadn't raised good youngsters isn't a reason to say we haven't stumbled across a couple now

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Reyes. Banned by his National manager for not observing the time embargo. Arrested by Sussex police for ignoring his driving ban. Great addition to the squad and an example to all the development squad youngsters. Are you sure Poster Drew is a total arse

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO Cook had a good game but I think people are getting carried away as the whole defence looked so much better with Adam El Abd in the centre of it Grant Hall looked good when he came on at left back and I doubt that he has ever played there before.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Reyes. Banned by his National manager for not observing the time embargo. Arrested by Sussex police for ignoring his driving ban. Great addition to the squad and an example to all the development squad youngsters. Are you sure Poster Drew is a total arse

Appreciate the comment and you make some good points.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Firstly, good luck to Cook. Think he is an excellent prospect and don't blame him for signing for Bournemouth but maybe he wouldn't have if he had featured more over the last 5 months. As for JFC, I was, for those didn't realise, being facetious as I have no doubt that he isn't now going out on loan but that is on the basis of one performance, a performance he only got the chance at because of suspensions and injuries. He didn't become that good overnight so begs the question why he hasn't been more involved earlier. Not necessarily starting but at least on the bench and coming on for some game time. There are plenty of people that have been singing his praises for a very long time but he hasn't really had a sniff of a first team game. We have this development squad and it seems the only other player to break through was Dunk (notwithstanding Hall yesterday), not on merit but due to injuries. He subsequently proved himself, apart from the odd yellow card. Had Elphick or El Abd not been injured for the start of the season we may well have seen Dunk on his way on loan and subsequently permanently for a knock down fee.
We may well have seen that, except we obviously wouldn't.
Perhaps Poyet doesn't rate Cook as much as highly as Caskey or Dunk? Just a thought.

I think everyone who saw Caskey's two appearences prior to this season has been left wanting to see more (last season instead of useless Argentinians especially), but he's 17, it's clear how much he's developed physically in that time and possibly he's grown up mentally and as a player too? I'd have liked to see him involved earlier but he's in now and I think the liklihood of him being flogged to Bournemouth never a great one.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
IMHO Cook had a good game but I think people are getting carried away as the whole defence looked so much better with Adam El Abd in the centre of it Grant Hall looked good when he came on at left back and I doubt that he has ever played there before.

Cook did have a good game, no doubt helped by having an in form fit Buckley in front of him. As for El Abd, Dunk must thank the lucky stars that Greer was a complete arse otherwise he wouldn't be getting a game next. As for Hall, doesn't matter whether he has played there before or not. His performance should mean he keeps the shirt for the time being.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I'm not getting carried away. In the 2 games I've seen him he's been total quality ... and I think he's a star of the future. Saying Tanno and El Abd (at RB per severnside) are better than him is bewildering. We've also heard from B'muff fans saying he's a class act and even tho' it's L1 that can't be ignored. Sad loss ... we could have accommodated him. We get £170K in and we'll have to spend a load more to replace him as inevitably we will

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
. We get £170K in and we'll have to spend a load more to replace him as inevitably we will

Why is that as we are well off with central defenders provided they are all fit and not suspended.

I would agree that Tanno is better but I prefer to see El Abd in the centre of the defence and I would also like to see Tanno stop playing and concentrate on management with Gus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not getting carried away. In the 2 games I've seen him he's been total quality ... and I think he's a star of the future. Saying Tanno and El Abd (at RB per severnside) are better than him is bewildering. We've also heard from B'muff fans saying he's a class act and even tho' it's L1 that can't be ignored. Sad loss ... we could have accommodated him. We get £170K in and we'll have to spend a load more to replace him as inevitably we will

We've already got Hall and there's a couple of good defenders in the youth team coming through especially Vickers.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

I've been saying this all along. Gus doesn't really know what he's doing. I've been saying for ages that jfk should be given a chance but most say he's to young and Gus is right that he needs to go out on loan. rubbish.

The only reason our youngsters get a shot if the team are riddled with injurys or suspensions. If our team was at full strength then you'd not see the likes of Dunk, jfc, hall, cook.

Is this what it'll take in the future for our talented youngsters to get a foot in the door, our first team nearly out of action?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that JFK will play a few games until Vicente is fit, hopefully, plus most of the other injured and suspended players, then he will go out on loan for the rest of the season to help in his developement.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I've been saying this all along. Gus doesn't really know what he's doing. I've been saying for ages that jfk should be given a chance but most say he's to young and Gus is right that he needs to go out on loan. rubbish.

The only reason our youngsters get a shot if the team are riddled with injurys or suspensions. If our team was at full strength then you'd not see the likes of Dunk, jfc, hall, cook.

Is this what it'll take in the future for our talented youngsters to get a foot in the door, our first team nearly out of action?

Brilliant. You have been advocating Forster-Caskey for so long you can't even get his final initial right in your post in the first time. I genuinely cannot believe the stick Gus is getting and now according to the original poster it is a bad thing to support a manager who has brought us so far in just over two years. For you to say Gus does not know what he is doing is probably the most ridiculous thing ever. We are currently four points off the play offs despite a crippling injury list.

To be honest, you are an example of what is wrong with NSC these days.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Brilliant. You have been advocating Forster-Caskey for so long you can't even get his final initial right in your post in the first time. I genuinely cannot believe the stick Gus is getting and now according to the original poster it is a bad thing to support a manager who has brought us so far in just over two years. For you to say Gus does not know what he is doing is probably the most ridiculous thing ever. We are currently four points off the play offs despite a crippling injury list.

To be honest, you are an example of what is wrong with NSC these days.

I won't voice my opinion on here again but just agree with with what ever you say, is that ok?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I won't voice my opinion on here again but just agree with with what ever you say, is that ok?

To be honest when you start a thread with how Gus doesn't know what he is doing and somehow suggest you know better, then I think that would probably be better. Sadly what seems to have happened on here is that anyone supporting the manager (who has taken us from bottom 4 in league 1 to four points off the Championship play offs in two years) has become some sort of suck up to the club.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I think that JFK will play a few games until Vicente is fit, hopefully, plus most of the other injured and suspended players, then he will go out on loan for the rest of the season to help in his developement.

I thought JFK was dead. Shot by that LHO ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here