Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jade Goody (again)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest I can't see much difference between Jade Goody and a Lottery winner, she just had the dumb luck to make money by being thick. Can hardly blame her for doing so.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thought I'd chuck in my two penn'orth

I ignored Jade Goody before she was ill, as I disliked everything she stood for intensely. I will continue to ignore her in her illness for the same reason.

I have sympathy for her, and her kids, but that is not going to change my opinion of her, and in all honesty, I don't see why it should.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In this day and age I'm surprised she's not marrying Gareth Gates or Darius, shurely a super-dooper payday there. Pull your finger out, Clifford!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let me make a little prediction.

After her death there will be an almighty punch up between the new low life husband and her mother. The money will be the key driver, but the kids will end up being caught in the middle. It will all end in tears.
I can certainly see this thread being bounced in a year's time, with this quote included in the post, yes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Or maybe when they've lost their main breadwinner they'll all be forced into signing a deal to make an Osbourne-style TV series about their dysfunctional family.

I can see it now - "The Goody's".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Come On Laura don't be provcative for the sake of it. As a cancer 6 in a year is incredibly low that was the point I was making. Of course the 6 dying it is tragic. I thought that went WITHOUT saying. It seems you have used a flawed reason to have a pop as if to say 2 US posted that he think 6 people dying does not matter ". That is very childish. Grow up.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To be honest I can't see much difference between Jade Goody and a Lottery winner, she just had the dumb luck to make money by being thick. Can hardly blame her for doing so.

Well, no. But you could have blamed her even long before this for being one hell of a standard bearer for the fact that a chronic lack of any dignity whatsoever is a fairly defining characteristic of a great number of people in the public eye at the moment. Nothing praiseworthy there.

And to test this often-aired "she's getting what she can for her kids" argument, would pay per view coverage of her (sadly by their nature rather unpleasant) final death throes also be an acceptable way for her and hers to line their coffers further? Because what's being run in the press every day at the moment isn't at all far short of that IMHO.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, no. But you could have blamed her even long before this for being one hell of a standard bearer for the fact that a chronic lack of any dignity whatsoever is a fairly defining characteristic of a great number of people in the public eye at the moment. Nothing praiseworthy there.

And to test this often-aired "she's getting what she can for her kids" argument, would pay per view coverage of her (sadly by their nature rather unpleasant) final death throes also be an acceptable way for her and hers to line their coffers further? Because what's being run in the press every day at the moment isn't at all far short of that IMHO.

Fair comment. However she's doing what she thinks best for her. Personally I can't stand reality TV at the best of times but whilst there's a market for people like her you can hardly blame them for exploiting it. Let's face it, can you imagine the viewing figures for a live,televised execution ? That would be an interesting dilemma as such an event would raise masses of cash for the victim's (and maybe the condemned person's) relatives.

People have a morbid fascination with these areas hence the market for Horror films.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Few tears will be shed by Turkish restauranteurs. Since those infamous photos of her "kebab" surfaced UK consumption has plummeted...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Come On Laura don't be provcative for the sake of it. As a cancer 6 in a year is incredibly low that was the point I was making. Of course the 6 dying it is tragic. I thought that went WITHOUT saying. It seems you have used a flawed reason to have a pop as if to say 2 US posted that he think 6 people dying does not matter ". That is very childish. Grow up.

No, I think that saying "only" 6 people is wrong. Six people dying is 6 too many, and you're just devaluing women getting tested for a very very virulent cancer, and the people dying of it. I happen to have known someone who was very close to me who died of cervical cancer.

Stop with the victim complex. It makes you look small and pathetic.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
And I don't know where your statistics come from, since 949 people died of cervical cancer in 2006. The Sun probably.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
No, I think that saying "only" 6 people is wrong. Six people dying is 6 too many, and you're just devaluing women getting tested for a very very virulent cancer, and the people dying of it. I happen to have known someone who was very close to me who died of cervical cancer.

no he isn't - in what way is he 'devaluing women getting tested for a very very virulent cancer ?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Was he ever proven to be a performance enhancing drug cheat or was that brushed under the carpet given his recovery from cancer?

Don't be ridiculous. Once famous people get cancer, they instantly become brave defiant fighters who are genetically incapable of ever doing or indeed ever having done anything wrong. Everyone knows that.

Well, nice to know that everyone here believes in fair trials. The bottom line is, no he was never proven to be a drug cheat. End of. There's a chance he might have been and slipped the net, but only to the same extent that any other cyclist in the tour at that stage might have been (and I doubt football and rugby are squeaky clean in this area either). Whatever people like to say, I genuine believe cycling is catching the drug cheats, and has been for many years.

Him having cancer has nothing to do with the fact that he was never found to have taken illegal substances, and rumours to the contrary should not tarnish his reputation.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

What the hell are you talking about. That is completely out of order and quite frankly MENTAL. Where I have said against Women getting tested, I stated it was good as more Women had got tested !. How on earth do you read my comments at devaluing Women !. What is the victim comment about me all about ?.You have gone too far this time and if you had any decency you would apologise.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
An incredibly brave Woman, She has gone up 100 fold in my estimation.Oh by the way young women under 30 going to their GP's areasking for a cervical smear have gone uo 20%.

Care to comment on my first post Laura ?.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What the hell are you talking about. That is completely out of order and quite frankly MENTAL. Where I have said against Women getting tested, I stated it was good as more Women had got tested !. How on earth do you read my comments at devaluing Women !. What is the victim comment about me all about ?.You have gone too far this time and if you had any decency you would apologise.

You are an utter disgrace.

Steady on US...is this really necessary? Why not just leave it, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here