Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jade Goody (again)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have every sympathy with Jade Goodey. What she is going through is terrible and part of me thinks, whatever helps her and her family cope is ok.

But, I can't help thinking she is a naive young lady and this is the latest in a string of situations where she has been exploited by Max Clifford (who I also believe is the little randy teenager from Eastbourne's family spokesman now).

True, she will be making money out of it, but my understanding is that she wasn't without a few bob before.

She says she wants to hide the horror of her condition from her young children. Well, these papers and web stories and documentaries won't disappear overnight.

I think I would feel slightly less anti-the coverage if some of the cash was going to cancer charities to help the families of people who died but didn't have the money Jade already does.

In no way to I blame her. It must be awful what she is going to. I just there are some people round her leading her in this direction.

Also, I am not sure the majority of the public ARE interested in every minute detail - in the same way the tabloid's seem to have not noticed nobody cares what bar Amy Winehouse got drunk in at the weekend.

The upshot of it all? I don't read the pieces and I think there is something to be said for being a bit more private at times like this. BUT, if it helps her cope then who are we to criticise? And, more importantly, if it makes more young women get regular check-ups it will be worth it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
if it helps her cope then who are we to criticise? And, more importantly, if it makes more young women get regular check-ups it will be worth it.

Haven't watched the tv documentary or read the papers particularly but you can't help being aware of her plight. I DID hear a woman on the radio today saying she had been to her doc
as a direct result of the media coverage and now has an early diagnosis of potential cancers. That alone puts it all beyond criticism for me.

Not sure about relaxing the tag rules so her hubby can take her to a hotel on their wedding night though but perhaps that is just me being mean hearted. Hope the money goes in trust for her kids.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Haven't watched the tv documentary or read the papers particularly but you can't help being aware of her plight. I DID hear a woman on the radio today saying she had been to her doc
as a direct result of the media coverage and now has an early diagnosis of potential cancers. That alone puts it all beyond criticism for me.

Not sure about relaxing the tag rules so her hubby can take her to a hotel on their wedding night though but perhaps that is just me being mean hearted. Hope the money goes in trust for her kids.

Exactly. I am not interested in all the coverage but if it makes a friend or family member of mine go and get checked out and subsequently LIVE then it is more than justified.

It is a bit like the adverts for charities which use horrific images of kids in the third world or guilt trip you. I don't like them but if it gets a few more quid in the coffers to help kids with HIV or something then fair play.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I feel dreadfully sorry for her, and more so because people can't keep their f***ing great gobs shut. How selfish is it to verbalise such vitriol whilst someone else is losing their life. Don't worry that she may only have a few weeks to live with her children, and that her children will have no mother, just make sure you make other people aware of you own personal feelings...

There are some really selfish people in this world.

Well said!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
i have a problem with the Jade Goody Calander i just brought.........it only goes up to March.
That's DREADFUL.

DREADFUL-ly funny I'm afraid. I'm so sorry to those offended by it but that's a top notch sick gag.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why is this thread still going on??

because whatever your opinion is everybody is being force fed the news of her.

So far today my skynews widget thingy has had her as the top news story. First its because the bloke she is marrying wasnt allowed to break curfew for marriage consumation, then Jack Straw was going to try and sort it and now the top news story of the moment is that she is reading the bible. Which apparantly is more important than the new Isreali leader or the teenage who has been jailed for murdering his friend over a playstation dispute.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You know, if you placed every word in this thread end to end, it would stretch round the world three times!

If only Jade knew how much the average man really cares.

alex_brighton

Banned
Jan 29, 2009
look that was funny,
but in all honnesty its really sad whats happenin and a wake up call to alot of people because she is so young.
but wen people say i couldnt care less if she died thats fuking bang out of order

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here