Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iwelumo Unlikely To Sign On For Us!

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
saltash seagull said:
yep totally agree if he cant be arsed to turn up 2 the start of pre season training withdraw the contract offer we want players commited to keeping the albion in the championship
Dead right. Cheerio Chris :wave:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
First few games he was great, thereafter an ever increasing disappointment. He had some shocking moments in the play-off final, apart (ofcourse) from the move which led to the penalty. If he goes I won't be upset.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If he's ill, Phil, then he should ring in like the rest of us have to do.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Maybe he was just talking to these clubs out of courtesy ala Knight to QPR and will be back asap. It may have been the only/best time to talk to them. Lets give him a chance. We don't know the full facts. We may not be here if he hadn't made that run into the area at Cardiff. Give him a chance.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
if he was talking to them out of courtesy he should have let mm or the club know turkey!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Maybe he was just talking to these clubs out of courtesy ala Knight to QPR and will be back asap. It may have been the only/best time to talk to them. Lets give him a chance. We don't know the full facts. We may not be here if he hadn't made that run into the area at Cardiff. Give him a chance.

Sorry Turkey. I know what you're saying but if he can't be bothered to turn up for training or let anyone know...

I think MM knew something like this was going to happen because he said he wanted a striker to come in.
He also let the press know within 24 hours of him not turning up.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
he made the goal chippy scored against swindon, but i do agree if you can't be bothered to turn up for training u shouldn't be at the club

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yorkie said:
Sorry Turkey. I know what you're saying but if he can't be bothered to turn up for training or let anyone know...

I think MM knew something like this was going to happen because he said he wanted a striker to come in.
He also let the press know within 24 hours of him not turning up.

Hang on a second. Who says he couldn't be bothered? Who says he didn't let anyone know? McGhee does know.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Hang on a second. Who says he couldn't be bothered? Who says he didn't let anyone know? McGhee does know.

To quote Gunter's original post

'Iwelumo failed to report for pre-season training yesterday.

McGhee says "I had hoped Chris Iwelumo would be in, but he wasn't. I understand he is having talks with Doncaster and Wimbledon which surprises me a wee bit".

He goes on to say "It leaves me with a situation whereby without Iwelumo having agreed the 2 year contract offered to him, we only have one fit and available striker in Jake Robinson because Leon is suspended so the situation is absolutely urgent.'

MM is saying he is surprised.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He is suprised that he's talking to Doncaster/Dons. He doesn't say he's suprised he hasn't turned up or let anyone know.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
if he wants to be a big fish in a small pond, let him! he was shit anyway! the one good thing he did was the way he slotted that penalty away against swindon!:clap: ahhh what a game:lol:

Turkey said:
He is suprised that he's talking to Doncaster/Dons. He doesn't say he's suprised he hasn't turned up or let anyone know.

You've got a point there. At no stage does McGhee imply that Iwelumo has left the club in the lurch, merely that he's surprised at Iwelumo's choice of clubs to talk to.

He's still shite though and we're better off without him IMHO.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Iwelumo isn't the type of player we need - I'm sure he gave his best but I'll be happy to see him on his way if it happens. We need a striker with a few more ball skills, get the ball on the ground from the cross and convert it.. unfortunately little Leon is exactly that - too little - can't fault him for his tenacity though...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Safeway said:
You've got a point there. At no stage does McGhee imply that Iwelumo has left the club in the lurch, merely that he's surprised at Iwelumo's choice of clubs to talk to.

He's still shite though and we're better off without him IMHO.

Ha ha suckers. You all presume to much. Turkey rules. :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Ha ha suckers. You all presume to much. Turkey rules. :clap2:

So why hasn't he turned up for training then?

Why is McGhee surprised he is talking to League 1 clubs?

Why hasn't he signed a contract already on offer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here