Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've really had enough of the moaning tossers at the Amex

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't there last night but surprisingly the 1901 WSL around me seems to be mostly supportive if not very vocal either in a positive or negative way. This is far preferable than being stuck with some gobby know nothing's abusing our players every match IMO.

D

Deleted member 22389

The people who constantly moan at the Amex need to back off or f*&k off. It annoys the hell out of me too. I cringe when I hear it, if I am going to be honest with you. Now I am starting to moan lol.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Liverpool V Brighton 6-1 FA Cup R5

Cardiff V Liverpool 2-2 Carling Cup Final

Brighton V Cardiff 2-2 Championship

So we draw with the side that drew with the side that thrashed us 6-1 . Wow, how shit are we ..... :rolleyes:

Why are people moaning? We're 7th in the Championship and the only undefeated team in the top 4 divisions ( league obviously )
Shut up you miserable wankers and get behind the Gus and the team.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So if we had played this game 3 months ago we would have lost Cardiff came with a game plan and it worked, boring but it worked they are not mugs. We are still a bit naive in this division going forward and sometimes don't take the best options but on the flip side defensively and in midfield we have improved hugely meaning we rarely lose now. Last night was not the perfect game and in hindsight we should have won but it also shows the huge steps forward this season. Plus I got a pie and 3 pints in before kick off for the first time at a midweek game.
Some criticism is part of the passion of football but there are some that take it too far and too often we are challenging for a place in the Premiership in a shiny new stadium people need to enjoy it these are the good times and I am guessing a lot of these people are were not at the Goldstone in the early 90s when we really were shite, they would be suicidal.

Some people come to a football match just as a release valve for the frustrations in the rest of their lives. They usually lead mundane boring existences and moan at players because of their own inadequacies. Best to ignore them as they also tend to be aggressive and unreasonable in their general behaviour.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I can put up with the odd moan, but two groups of fans get me riled.

Those booing the general Gus style of play. Seems to have calmed a bit on that front, but you still get the all call to lump it forward - go forbid a back pass.

Those who don't know the rules. Heard a "should have sent him off, last man" last night.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Probably not as bad as the people behind us who don't moan, but just constantly scream "f***ing 'ELL" "THAT's f***ing SHIT" "FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU f***ing ****" every time one of our players does something wrong. And in fact, every time pretty much anything happens.

Sounds like the same brainless morons not a million miles from me. North Stand, Block B?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

nor me.

"We all do it" - bollocks. MOST of us get behind our team. The moaners are in a minority, but it feels like they're in a majority because generally the thickest shout loudest.

I know, I know, "it happens up and down the country" but it really is UNBELIEVABLE in our current position. We are in DREAMLAND at the moment. This is an amazing time to be an Albion supporter. These people are missing out on all the fun.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I find it funny how little some people know about the game more than anything.

Last night did seem to be particularly bad but then it was a particularly frustrating game so to be expected.

To be fair though there are allot of people who are the polar opposite and won't hear a bad word said about anyone or anything to do with the club. They are just a dull to be honest.

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
Try having a bunch of 7 year olds sitting behind you shouting "shoot" every ten seconds for the last 15mins of the game, no matter where the ball is on the pitch...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Some people come to a football match just as a release valve for the frustrations in the rest of their lives.QUOTE]
I do this myself, but there was a perfectly shit referee to shout at last night, no need to have a go at the Albion players.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There does seem to be a lot of negativity in the stands Notters but think its just football.

Plus a lot of people just love to moan and be grumpy.

It's a shame but it's how it is.

Rise above it mate. Or punch some Mo Fos and make yourself feel a bit better.

Either will work.

For gods sake, football is a tribal game that provides great substance for divided opinions, thats what makes it great. WTF would it be like if we sat in the stands all smiling politely and nodding sagely at every Barnes mis-control, or every Reyes missed pass, or every unfathomable substitution???.... its part of football, we cheer the good bits, a Barnes finish, a Reyes interception, a sparkling decision to introduce Buckley to the fray,...... just get a grip and stop dictating how others demonstrate their support.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For gods sake, football is a tribal game that provides great substance for divided opinions, thats what makes it great. WTF would it be like if we sat in the stands all smiling politely and nodding sagely at every Barnes mis-control, or every Reyes missed pass, or every unfathomable substitution???.... its part of football, we cheer the good bits, a Barnes finish, a Reyes interception, a sparkling decision to introduce Buckley to the fray,...... just get a grip and stop dictating how others demonstrate their support.

The issue people have is with the witchhunt of Barnes, where anything good he does is ignored and ANYTHING negative is immediately pounced on. From his reaction in my avatar it does seem that the moaners do get to him.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

So booing players names as the teams are read out before kickoff is support is it?

As is telling Reyes to f*** off?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So booing players names as the teams are read out before kickoff is support is it?

As is telling Reyes to f*** off?
It says nowhere in the T's & C's when buying a season ticket that your support should be unconditional, free will, you pays your money, you makes your choices..... simples.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I think the stats say it all.

Shots: 15 v 6
On Target: 7 v 3
Corners: 7 v 3
Fouls: 4 v 14
Yellowa: 1 v 3
Posession: 57% v 43%
Source, Sky Sports News

49% of our possession was El-Abd and Greer passing to each other.

Just saying, like...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Listening to some old fart in the train queue, I thought we'd been to a different game!

Apparently, "our midfield was rubbish tonight","Why do we keep passing it so much" (I kid you not) & "Vokes does nothing" (apparently)

You would have thought we were on the end of a thrashing, the way he was whinging.

What more do people want?

A slap or two. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here