Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've got a feeling this could be...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
A very busy transfer window coming up for us. I think Gus has finally realized players like Harley, Dicker, Barnes etc would simply not be good enough in the Premiership, which is ultimately what the club are trying to achieve. The possible termination of Vicente's contract to free up more of the wage bill, and also whether CMS will be a Brighton player at the end of the month means we could be seeing a lot of new players coming in (if Gus has lined up suitable replacements).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Generally speaking Gus has done very little in the January windows in the past. Players that have been released have gone at the end of the season, although if he did get offers in for them, I'm sure he wouldn't stand in their way. He's managed to resist offers for our better players, keeping them until we'd achieved safety or the title in respective seasons.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Generally speaking Gus has done very little in the January windows in the past. Players that have been released have gone at the end of the season, although if he did get offers in for them, I'm sure he wouldn't stand in their way. He's managed to resist offers for our better players, keeping them until we'd achieved safety or the title in respective seasons.

That is a good point, but don't quite a lot of contracts run out at the end of this season?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is a good point, but don't quite a lot of contracts run out at the end of this season?

Yes, as did Navarro's last season. As I pointed out, players at the end of their contracts have gone in May generally since Gus has been here.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
A very busy transfer window coming up for us. I think Gus has finally realized players like Harley, Dicker, Barnes etc would simply not be good enough in the Premiership, which is ultimately what the club are trying to achieve. The possible termination of Vicente's contract to free up more of the wage bill, and also whether CMS will be a Brighton player at the end of the month means we could be seeing a lot of new players coming in (if Gus has lined up suitable replacements).
Nothing will happen until the last 3 hours :nono:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not just that, there is the fact that we are not firing on all cylinders too, Vicente is nowhere to be seen and some of the peripheral players are either not good enough or just not being considered by Gus and Turricco.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree it could be a busy time but I don't hold a lot of hope. I think that we will see 1 or a maximum 2 signings possibly loans and unless he receives silly offers I cannot see Harley. Dicker and Barnes leaving as they are all squad players. I think that he will see how this season pans out then make big moves at the end of the end of the season in the signings market with a number of ins and outs either out of contract or sold.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure exactly why you think Gus has decided Barnes isn't good enough. Maybe the others but I would be surprised. As or Vicente's contract, if it was terminated it would be at a cost. If Vicente is likely to be out until the end of his contract in June, why would he agree to an early termination unless it was on the basis his contract is paid up in full and therefore not actually releasing any funds for other players!!!!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm not sure exactly why you think Gus has decided Barnes isn't good enough. Maybe the others but I would be surprised. As or Vicente's contract, if it was terminated it would be at a cost. If Vicente is likely to be out until the end of his contract in June, why would he agree to an early termination unless it was on the basis his contract is paid up in full and therefore not actually releasing any funds for other players!!!!

He's been dropped to the bench and with the amount of chances he's missed this season he clearly wouldn't be good enough for the Prem. As for Vicente, I would imagine he'd mutually terminate his contract, I very much doubt he'd be worried about the money.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1 or 2 defenders in, 1 or 2 strikers in. Vicente to stay. Sparrow to go. CMS, Hoskins, Harley maybe to go.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
As for Vicente, I would imagine he'd mutually terminate his contract, I very much doubt he'd be worried about the money.

???

Also just seen this on the Vicente thread.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355300639.716010.jpg

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Barnes may not be good enough for the prem but he's definitely good enough to be part of our squad in my opinion. I'd settle for a big target man and maybe a big centre back. We might even score from one of our 10 corners a game then!!

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012

The only rumour I've read is that top of Gus's wish list is Sebastian Ribas, currently on loan to Monaco until January, 6ft 4" striker from Uraguay, apparently he wants to play in England.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Would that be first team regular Barnes or another one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here