Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've bought a VENUS FLYTRAP

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Easy 10 said:
Well, its actually been suggested on this thread. But I don't want one of those teeth going up my japs eye, thankyouverymuch.

Any chance I could pop round and plop MY todger in it then ...:shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bry Nylon said:
Any chance I could pop round and plop MY todger in it then ...:shrug:
Be my guest.
But they've all closed their mouths tonight for some reason. You'll have to prise one of them open with a pen.

I'll make the tea or something.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Easy 10 said:
Be my guest.
But they've all closed their mouths tonight for some reason. You'll have to prise one of them open with a pen.

I'll make the tea or something.

A pen might be overkill. Got a box of Chef's matches? :down:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I hope she takes it the right way Scotty
:thumbsup:

top work!

she absolutely LOVES it

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bit of a disaster today.
I was driving to work with Leon resting on my dashboard (you may remember I had to bring it home for the weekend as I couldn't find any distilled water in Haywards Heath, and didn't want to leave him with no water). Anyways, I went round a roundabout, and he slid along in his pot and topped off onto the floor of the passenger side. Mud EVERWHERE, and one of the traps is all mangled.

I got him to the office and performed emergency surgery by carefully placing the roots back in the pot, and packing the dirt back in. Gave him a nice big water as well, and left him on the windowsill in the sun. But Leons kept his traps shut all day (MOST out of character), and he still looked a bit ruffled when I left the office this evening.

I'll see how he is in the morning. He could still be in shock. Think I might need to buy him a new pot to make it up properly, so he can spread out a bit more.

*worried*

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Easy 10 said:
Bit of a disaster today.
I was driving to work with Leon resting on my dashboard (you may remember I had to bring it home for the weekend as I couldn't find any distilled water in Haywards Heath, and didn't want to leave him with no water). Anyways, I went round a roundabout, and he slid along in his pot and topped off onto the floor of the passenger side. Mud EVERWHERE, and one of the traps is all mangled.

I got him to the office and performed emergency surgery by carefully placing the roots back in the pot, and packing the dirt back in. Gave him a nice big water as well, and left him on the windowsill in the sun. But Leons kept his traps shut all day (MOST out of character), and he still looked a bit ruffled when I left the office this evening.

I'll see how he is in the morning. He could still be in shock. Think I might need to buy him a new pot to make it up properly, so he can spread out a bit more.

*worried*

Sounds like your not green fingered to me:lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's very settled thanks Bozza. A new shoot has emerged from the middle, and its already got a little MOUTH forming on the end, so he seems to be thriving. Not seen him catch any flies yet, but I couldn't resist poking my pen in one of the traps the other day, and it closed quite quick, so he's clearly in RUDE health. I'm thinking of buying him a bigger pot, as four or five of the traps are hanging over the edge now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tom Hark said:
Have you tried feeding it a daddy longlegs yet Easy?
Naah, I don't think he could handle it. That'd be like me trying to eat a fully grown adult wildebeast.
There's a little money spider thats been living behind my monitor for a few weeks now - I might see if I can tempt him out and dangle it over one of the traps.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easy 10 said:
Bit of a disaster today.

*worried*

It sounds to me that Leon is having a bit of a falling out with his manager....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
******************* BREAKING NEWS **********************

I've just found a dead fly on the windowsill, and FED it to him. I set it down next to one of the traps, then carefully poked it into its mouth with my pen, and CHOMP - down came the trap. One of the legs is sticking out the side, but there'd be no chance of escape (I know it was dead already, but even so). I look forward to watching it digest this tasty morsel over the next 10 days or so. Woo hoo - domestic CARNIVOROUS action on my desk. Nature in all its SAVAGE glory.

:clap:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
They're the only plants that can count!

The trap won't shut til its antennae get twitched by a fly (or your finger) three times.

COOL

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
brighton rock said:
dont make the traps close for fun or the plant will die
I don't buy that.
What if it MISSES its prey (quite possible, as is doesn't come down like a MANTRAP). I can't believe the whole plant would shrivel and die, just cos it got owned by a fly that was a bit light on its feet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here