Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've bought a VENUS FLYTRAP

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
everyone has a cactus these days as well - i imagine the trap is a little more exotic

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
algie said:
I bet you call it something cute like snappy or the usual name like Bob or Dave
Good call. I might call it Derek.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Re: Re: Re: I've bought a VENUS FLYTRAP

Easy 10 said:
I did seriously consider a cactus - there were some nice ones there. But I just know I'd end up impaling my pinky on it at some point when reaching for my mug of tea or something, so I thought I'd go for the carnivorous option instead.

Do you think it'd harm it if I drew little eyes on the lid ?

:lolol:

Think the problem i had was that i kept feeding it dead flies etc.Probably not a good idea.Don't prod it with your pen either to see if you can out wit the plant:lol:

Last edited:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
If you trip the trap just to see what happens, it will kill the bud and quite possibly the plant too. If the moss ever dries out, it's curtains too (so don't go away for a weekend without arranging a plant-sitter).

Tap water tends to kill them as well, so you have to use distilled or mineral (still, not sparkling) only. Or rain water, obviously. They are fantastic plants, but a bugger to keep happy, long-term anyway.

Zed Seagull

mtoto said:
If you trip the trap just to see what happens, it will kill the bud and quite possibly the plant too. If the moss ever dries out, it's curtains too (so don't go away for a weekend without arranging a plant-sitter).

Tap water tends to kill them as well, so you have to use distilled or mineral (still, not sparkling) only. Or rain water, obviously. They are fantastic plants, but a bugger to keep happy, long-term anyway.

Call it Leon then Easy.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mtoto said:

seems like a hell of a lot of effort

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I've got a great fly swat that just stuns flies, which I then pick up and drop into my fly trap. Once they wake up, then wobble around a bit, and get yammed up by the plant. My flytrap has eaten many more than three flies... :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
D'Angelo Saxon said:
I've got a great fly swat that just stuns flies, which I then pick up and drop into my fly trap. Once they wake up, then wobble around a bit, and get yammed up by the plant. My flytrap has eaten many more than three flies... :lolol:
Maybe so, but thats because YOU'RE catching them for it. You've taken away its "hunter" mentality - it knows it needn't bother being all alert and ready all the time, because it knows full well you'll be delivering one to its gaping jaws in due course anyway, ya big softy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
you should setup a webcam so we can watch it :clap:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
also call it Audrey surely

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's looking a bit peaky today, and a couple more of the mouths have opened up. I think he needs some DISTILLED water, but I don't know where I can get any in Haywards Heath. He might have to come home with me again, I can't leave him all weekend with no water can I.

Tch.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"Fly-trap" is Scouse slang for a woman's FANNY. FACT.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
BarrelofFun said:
Sarracenia%20Juthatip%20Soper%20022.jpg

i have a Juthatip Soper on my desk at work. A fly eater for those wishing for a less gory option.

I fed it a wasp and it took two weeks to digest. :cool:

I love plants, I used to have one of these at Uni but havent seen one since.

Where did you get it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here