Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've been accused of having an affair

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
tedebear said:
Yeah but thats jealousy probably fueled by lack of confidence? Not hypocrisy..in my opinion!

Which ever way you put it why should it be a problem having good mates of the opposite sex?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lush said:
It does sound like a self-confidence thing and a little reasurance about how much you love her can go a long way. GG if memory serves aren't you the couple planning - or at least she is - the huge wedding?

Rightly or wrongly (and personally I think it's a shame when wedding days take over lives), it's probably very very important to her. Perhaps she's just making sure that you're 100% committed before the big day. Or worried that she won't fit into her dress.

That's right we are getting married in November next year - The magazines are littering the lounge - Not a huge wedding but a big day none the less especially for her - You may well be right.

I think my sudden enthusiam for the stag do wheni spoke to my best man the other week may not have helped either - she may dfeel i'm more intrested in that than the day itself.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
British Bulldog said:
Which ever way you put it why should it be a problem having good mates of the opposite sex?

It quite rightly shouldn't be, but its bound to cause problems if there is an underlying problem which hasn't been addressed, if you get my drift?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
British Bulldog said:

It does cause probs though i've had the same thing in the past, not sure why it just does and can you 100% honestly same you wouldn't be tempted should the opportunity arise?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
tedebear said:
It quite rightly shouldn't be, but its bound to cause problems if there is an underlying problem which hasn't been addressed, if you get my drift?

I think it was just the thought of me spending time with other women that she could'nt handle, It's not as if I did'nt include her either.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
British Bulldog said:
I think it was just the thought of me spending time with other women that she could'nt handle, It's not as if I did'nt include her either.

I'd think it odd of my other half wanted to go out and spend time with other women to be honest...I think thats a bit like having your cake and eating it! The most basic of human urges after a few drinks often brings itself to the fore!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Goring Gull said:
It does cause probs though i've had the same thing in the past, not sure why it just does and can you 100% honestly same you wouldn't be tempted should the opportunity arise?

That would be the fastest way to spoil a good friendship and I know from experience, I had another female mate for a few years and then when I divorced we ended up sleeping together and starting a relationship. It did'nt work out & now we are no longer mates which is a great shame.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
British Bulldog said:
That would be the fastest way to spoil a good friendship and I know from experience, I had another female mate for a few years and then when I divorced we ended up sleeping together and starting a relationship. It did'nt work out & now we are no longer mates which is a great shame.

But see theres the thing, you did sleep with her - so it is a possibility, I don't see alot of my male friends any more, the odd text message about the football here and there, but its just not right, making my other half uncomfortable is just something I'd never do...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
tedebear said:
I'd think it odd of my other half wanted to go out and spend time with other women to be honest...I think thats a bit like having your cake and eating it! The most basic of human urges after a few drinks often brings itself to the fore!

It's all down to that thing called trust.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
tedebear said:
But see theres the thing, you did sleep with her - so it is a possibility, I don't see alot of my male friends any more, the odd text message about the football here and there, but its just not right, making my other half uncomfortable is just something I'd never do...

I slept with her when we were both single so it puts things into a different perspective. I would never go into any relationship on the basis that I have to dump my female mates because a partner would'nt feel comfortable with it. Good mates are just as important as a partner!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
tedebear said:
Agreed, but it can also be about respect. Should you not respect her feelings about this?

Demanding I stop seeing my female mates is not respect, it's ownership!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
British Bulldog said:
Good mates are just as important as a partner!

I guess thats the difference here...I am married to my best mate! Yes my friends are important but no where near as important as my husband. He doesn't own me by suggesting that I don't see them, its me respecting his opinion...

Another thing the more you object to her stopping you seeing them, the more she'll think something sinister is going on and object to it!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
El Presidente said:
Women are a bit paranoid because they know that so many of their fellow chicks are SLUT FACED WHORES.

How many times its Slut Faced Whores :angry: :angry: :angry:

*flounce*

tedebear said:
If this was The Archers, the scriptwriters would have tedebear and Goring Gull teamed up for a dirty weekend in Doncaster.

Fortunately, they are both too sensible.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Lord Bracknell said:
If this was The Archers, the scriptwriters would have tedebear and Goring Gull teamed up for a dirty weekend in Doncaster.

Fortunately, they are both too sensible.

Since we've both got kids isn't that going against script lines in the Archers at the moment? :lol:

tedebear said:
Since we've both got kids isn't that going against script lines in the Archers at the moment? :lol:
Indeed ... but at least my somewhat provocative suggestion managed to draw something out of you ...

You listen to The Archers.

That a serious sign of a woman with a settled lifestyle. If only Ruth Archer could do the same.

:)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here