Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV,must be banned from having serious sport

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just cannot believe ITV have not been SLAUGHTERED in the press/radio etc over the Gerrard goal/advert :rant: For months HD set sales have boomed with the world cup no doubt in mined. What does ITV do so an advert. This company must never be allowed to cover serious U/K sport. Give them indoors bowls,show jumping etc all that kind of rubbish ! As for Adrian Chiles,oh dear you have really shot yourself in the foot. :facepalm:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I went SO mental that I threw my steak out of my hand

1) yes I was holding a steak
2) it was a clean floor, so fine to eat after.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3549207 said:
You HOLD your steak to eat it? ??? What are you, a chimpanzee?

It was a BBQ organised by MEN. We didn't think beyond buying MEAT so we had no plates.

I had a chicken THIGH in the other hand

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would ask how long ago it was that ITV was last regarded as a serious broadcaster, most of their product is complete and utter shite...who needs programmes like the Y-Factor, Britain hasn't got talent and I am a Z-lister get me out of here...whenever they do get anywhere near anything worth watching they make a complete pigs' ear of it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would ask how long ago it was that ITV was last regarded as a serious broadcaster, most of their product is complete and utter shite...who needs programmes like the Y-Factor, Britain hasn't got talent and I am a Z-lister get me out of here...whenever they do get anywhere near anything worth watching they make a complete pigs' ear of it.

This is extremely difficult to argue against.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
ITV should just be an other obscure cable/satellite channel these days and NOT one of the UK's major broadcasters.

They should give the frequency over to someone who takes it a bit more seriously, like BRAVO

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Although I agree wholeheartedly with you, and I do because I passionately HATE ITV coverage of all sporting events, nothing will change while they pay so much money into the sport.

As for my personal hatred of ITV it stems from a few things:

1) They are heavily Leeds, Man U, Liverpool biased due to their Northern roots.
2) Adverts
3) Clive Tyldesley and Peter Drury spending every moment of every match trying to make a comment that pars "They think its all over..."
4) Constantly saying that whichever team is playing who has f***ed themselves over by spending too much (i.e. Leeds, Portsmouth etc) that they have "the best fans in the world" simply because they can pack out Wembley for a big FA Cup match
5) Relentlessly drilling on about "that night in Istanbul" on EVERY possible occasion
6) Gabriel Clarke refusing to present anything without leaning on something and squiting
7) Jim Beglin.

Last edited:

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
ITV will be at least happy that with everyone talking about this cock-up, nobody will mention the terrible commentary or awful panel.

Like somebody said, its not the first time it has happened. I think it was during a Liverpool V Everton game the same thing happened. Its odd how it happens during exactly the seconds you would least want it to happen? If it missed a throw in or when the ball was out of play it would not be as bad happening just before Gerrard shoots!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here